Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Desperately need some help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bonjour, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    My mom won't let me smoke weed at all because she claims that it's "bad for a developing brain" Is this true? Is there any proof? Is there any proof that it's not true? Ideas to counter this argument? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sounds like your young. Too young.

3. Why don't you help answer his question?
    OP im not going to quote any studies and I don't know how old you are but I wouldn't think anything that is psychoactive would be good for a brain that is still developing. Maybe Granny will come in here and shine some light on the subject.

4. yeah what he said^ GRANNY! WE NEED YOU!
    but honestly im not surprised that your mom wont let you smoke not only cuz "its bad for a developing brain" but because its illegal. many parents to not want to allow their kids to partake in an illegal action haha

5. Eh, weed isn't literally bad for your brain but doing it too much probably means you're spending a little bit less time on school and things that are important. The key is moderation. This is actually true about almost everything in life, just be smart about it and do it in moderation. If your mom is against it, I'm assuming you're not gonna stop smoking so just do your best not to let her know you're smoking or even high.

6. if you're over 18 and have your own place tell your mom to fuck off. but honestly you're probably real young if shes worried about your developing brain.
    im not trying to play age police but this post was pretty fucking stupid

7. Ask your mom if thats what happened to her and if thats why she cant think logically about the issue?

8. Cannabis has shown to hinder development of the brain.

Had I known I would of waited.

Rats given cannabis at early age shows that rats are less confident, prone to anxiety and have problems with memory. Fully developed rats showed zero development issues, duh.

Cannabis is great, for fully developed brains.

If you want to fuck your brain, it's on you. Obviously your parents being worried is not a priority.

9. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']Cannabis has shown to hinder development of the brain.

Had I known I would of waited.

Rats given cannabis at early age shows that rats are less confident, prone to anxiety and have problems with memory. Fully developed rats showed zero development issues, duh.

Cannabis is great, for fully developed brains.

If you want to fuck your brain, it's on you. Obviously your parents being worried is not a priority.[/quote]

Have you noticed any "difference" yourself?

If so, how severe is it?

10. Just wait. I tried weed in 7th grade and loved it. but waited till after high school to start smoking again. I don't think I can go through college without it though :smoke:

11. Generally speaking, if you are truely old enough to be on this site, you should be safe.
    If you are not old enough, than listen to your Mom and don't post until you are. ;) :smoke: