Desperately need help

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by yngSheezy1999, Dec 19, 2009.

1. So my girls are about 8 weeks into flowering. I have noticed that three or four of the girls on the outside have grown very strange looking colas. They do not look like normal, instead they start sort of accute and then get obtuse towards the top. They are not compact and tight, or really even one uniform piece but more a collection of smaller buds. That isnt even the big problem. the big problem is I think they may have seeds. It doesnt look like all of them, just the freakish ones. I have received two different opinions. One person said they thought it was seeds and I should cut immediately. The other said it looked like it was just a little premature and that I should let it go. I know the image is blurry but what is the consensus? Also any links with very good pics of pollinated females would be great.

Thanks all I appreciate your support.

[​IMG]st the ones that have the freakish colas. I

2. To be honest, it's hard to tell with the blurry photo. I've had Hash Plant that has a weird appearance. Check out the pic in this link. If your buds are looking similar, it's just a trait with the strain you're growing.

If not, maybe you could try to post another picture.

3. Sorry, I know that pic sucks. I will try to take more..

That pic looks alot like what I have, expect instead of the parts that are on the top of the link pic, those parts are on the bottom of mine.

The person that said it was alright has been cultivating this strain for about 10years now. He said it was alright and just a little premature.

The other person said that it was seeds and that when he pulled apart one of the pistols(maybe wrong term) that there was a white hair that looked like a tap root.

I am just looking for a little more reassurance. It is almost done and I dont want to ruin it by chopping too early... on the other hand I dont want it all to be ruined because I didnt chop it(because of seeds)

I will take more pics shortly.
    Thanks,

4. [​IMG]

So here is another one. Probably not much better. It is hard to take pics of these close up. I am open to picture help suggestions.

Is there anything I need to be specifically looking for to confirm a problem? I was told on occassion even clones in the last stage of flowering can produce seeds to try and propegate(sp) their genes. Is there a term for this? Is there anything I can check for? How much pollen would it take to pollinate a female?All your help is very appeciated.
    Thanks,

5. all i can suggest is maintain ur grow make sure you have absolutely no light leaks and that ur perfectly on the 12/12 schedule
    good luck man

6. Thanks man... i just feel like I need some confirmation on what is going on. I was always under the impression that a 100% Female clone could never go hermie.. If I go now I may lose some of the potential, but if I wait the two more weeks and I am wrong, i could lose the entire batch..

7. Until you post a non-blurry photo, we're just guessing. Sorry.

8. your camera cannot focus that close. Back away from the bud and make sure it is in focus before you take the photo. If it won't focus, back up more.

9. #1, I have never seen seeds germinate inside forming flowers. As for ruining your crop, how? So you have a few seeds which if the strain is a real good one, you now have some seeds to play with. I cannot see your pics clearly engh to pass judgement on what the issue is, but I would allow them to fully mature and see what developes. Worst case is you have a few seeds here and there, is that really a big deal when you still have fully mature bud to smoke? Or you can chop, and have some slightly premie bud to smoke. Let them mature for your rewards will be better in the end.

10. I probably didnt explain that well, when I said tap root, I dont mean that the seed was fully formed and germinated. I was told that the white hair like piece was the start of the seed. There was a small hard off white piece in the middle of some of the pods, it wasnt big at all, I mean tiny, like grain of sand tiny. When I say ruined, I said so because the only other time I saw germinated buds, the entire bud was nothing but seeds.. Like it completely took over. There was nothing left. I did not want that to happen to me. It would have been a huge waste of time and money. I do not need seeds as I do star wars. I still never found any sign of male organs. I am still very puzzled about the formation of the colas in question. It was very strange and definetly only confined to the girls that appeared to have seed pods. The colas were not uniform and the same shape as every other cola I have seen. They were like a combination of branches and buds that just sort of grew together.. they were very together at the top, then not so much at the bottom. It was very very odd. i will try to take better pictures later.

11. looks like it mighta gone hermi to me im not sure tho. i know that cannabis is easily stressed if the lighting schedule, nutrients, temp, or humidity gets wacked out causing it to go hermi.

looks smokable though
    and isnt that all that matters =)

12. This guy doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, there is no taproot on a seed still attached to the flower.

13. :laughing::laughing::laughing:TAP ROOT! lolololololololol.....In the bud?lol... Ya that guy had no clue what he was talking about.

14. Sorry, I am probably still not explaining the whole "tap" root thing correctly. On a premature seed there is some sort of
    hair like protrusion, right?
    I haven't really done a lot of
    research as I didn't really hope to have to experience the phenomenon. I just went ahead and cut them. I still can't tell if they would have turned into seeds they are just a touch premi but still amazing none the less.