Designing A New Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jaycrilla, Apr 14, 2014.

1. So I'm planning on using a old kitchen cabinet as a grow box the measurements are 13 3/4" wide 24" deep and 28 1/2" tall I painted the inside white all I have to do is figure what would be the best light to use in the space I was thinking of a hid light but I'm not sure of the size to get I was gonna run a 70 watt mh for veg and a 100 watt hps for flower would that be over kill for the size of the space?

2. I would think a hid would put off too much heat in the small of a space. Have you looked into t5 fluroesents or cfls? Thats what i would use for somethin that small. I use 1000 watt hids so idk much about the 100s. I would assume too much for a micro grow as ur saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 jaycrilla, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    I am running cfl's now and even with 8 26 watt bulbs I'm not seeing the results I'm looking for and I was gonna run them in a diy cool tube

If you swap out your 26W bulbs with 42W bulbs, that should do the trick.

5. Definitely wouldn't try to run HID lighting in there. IMO the heat would be a nightmare to deal with. You'd be fighting it every day. I'd go with good CFLs. Yes, you won't get the yield, quality, or density you will with HID lighting. But for that space that's about the best you can do. And you can still get solid, smokeable bud.