designing a flower room and veg room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fallscreek, Jul 28, 2011.

1. I am asking for help and input in my design of a vegging and flowering room.
    It will eventually be moved to a permanent location so for now it must be somewhat portable (as in tents, I cant actually build rooms)

these are my ideas and i would like input and criticism.
    I will be running a 600 watt MH in the veg tent and 2k in the flower tent.
    the flower tent will be a GL145L Grow lab tent that is around 4'9"x9'6"x6'7" tall.

here are my ideas

FLOWER ROOM
    I will run 2, 1000 watt 8" cool tubes vented by a 600 cfm inline fan mounted outside the tent. the room as a whole will have a 10"x39" phresh carbon filter that takes air from the room and exhausts it up to an attic. it will be ran by a 900 cfm 10" fan mounted outside the tent. should this be enough to control the temps fairly well? the air that is pulled into the room will be at 68 degrees. I will have 6 plants under each light for a total of 12 plants. they will be in 5 gallon buckets and I will LST them.
    VEG ROOM
    3'11" x 3'11" x 6'7" grow lab tent. it will be lit by a 600 watt MH that is aircooled by a 6" 350 cfm fan. there will be a 6"x 24" phresh filter powered by a 600 cfm inline fan that exhausts it to the attic

I Have a $3000 price limit on this for the time being
    all opinions on this setup are welcome.

2. i think you should be fine. i run a can 125 and a 10 in can HO for 4 1000w i think my cfm is like 700 or so. and i run a 6 in 400 cfm for my 1000w veg. do you have to use tents? oh and my reflectors are 8 in ac it helps alot.

3. no i dont have to use tents, I just thought it would be a good idea as opposed to making a flimsy panda film room. I am definitely open to all suggestions as a tent is quite expensive. can you explain your reflectors? you say they are ac? also how is your filter set up and how well does it work? i am bouncing back and forth on whether to keep the filter running in the room constantly filtering the air in the room, or to hook the filter up to my exhaust and exit the air into the attic.
    thanks for the response.

4. i would go with a visqueen its a much thicker plastic its light tight as well. im not sure if it comes in double faced colors. but it would be way cheaper than a tent/s. and on the filter thing. i run my carbon filter in room blowing out through my reflectors. if that helps at all. you could just as well use panda film too. you just really have to attatch it very well. i usually use a staple gun and card board or thin wood strips.y other questions let me know. good luck.

5. when you say "i run my carbon filter in room blowing out through my reflectors"
    do you have the air in the room recirculating or is it all vented into another room?

6. Visqueen plastic does come in one side black one side white