Designing a 300ish sq/ft growroom

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by nonameboi, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Hello. I have a container laying around that i want to turn into a grow room. The plan is to go for hydroponics and start small and when the techniques and everything is working expand to maximize the yield for the area. I want to start as simple as possible without reducing the yield too much. How would you guys design it?

2. May I ask what kind of container it is? What is it made out of — is it insulated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. And how tall is the inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. so u have a 30sq meters
    i guess bout 5 on 6?

id take 2 on 1 (meters)
    put 2x600watts hps with very strong inline fan(s).
    2 rows of 3 plants with space for you to work between the plants.

place each bulb above 3 plants, start veg with T5 fluroscents.

check the ambient temp.
    youll probably need one or two strong ac units to cool the entire space.

Go with RDWC - 1 big reservoir (20gal) connected to 6 smaller (5gal) buckets. make sure water temp is never above 21c (18c idealy)

thats for start

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

5. Sorry for the late answer, forgot about this thread.
    Its a regular 40ft shipping container, about 8 feet wide and tall.

Okay, wouldnt just good air circulation be sufficient for cooling, is it really necessary with an ac?

6. Depends how much you’ve got to spend , if you fill the full container with hps your going to need a wind tunnel fan to cool the fucker , if your trying to go commercial, your going to have to cool with industrial size cooling equipment, other than that you could split into three rooms (veg/mother , flower, flower )each extracting individually, drawing air in from inside the container. But unless your container is heavily insulated or buried you are never going to cool inside even with an a/c

7. Bury the container mate, the ground is your insulation! It'll also hide it from them eyes in the sky too!

8. I would start off with 6x6 table and do a scrog; table in center. Paint everything white.

I would go on Alibaba and look up Meijiu. They could get you a deal on a quanity of lights. 10 312 36V boards or 10 304 114V boards with single heatsinks. This would murder a 6x6. Two HLG-600H-36A for 8 boards. This would be about a 2000 watt sodium equivalent that you could dim. My opinion.

9. Another good option is two 6*6 tables stacked on top of each other with 8 boards powered by HLG-600H for each level. Less power but more efficient and best use of space. Verticle farming my friend. Your plants would be smaller but could yeild a bit more overall with a faster turn around. It would be fun and use all your space.

10. Thanks for the tip about the growlights, i'm all open for more of those suggestions about pumps etc. Wouldnt it be more effective if the walls are covered with something reflective like tinfoil? In the beginning im opting for most effieciency per sq/m but i will go for efficiency per cubic/m later on, thanks fro the tip. When you say 6x6 table, do you mean 6 plants or 6 ft?

The container will be buried to optimize cooling. If we were thinking like dreamers, how would the container be designed to be as close to industrial level if i split it into 3 parts, veg, bloom and conservation?