Desert?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Dizzy, Nov 17, 2021.

1. :eek: What Kinda Snakes Are Those?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gardener and a bull snake .

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Here I am on a desert island, Toni, back in 1973. In the Arabian Gulf. I have a lot of respect for deserts, I've been in them in Saudi, Senegal, Niger, Oman, and Yemen. Movies showing people bravely struggling through a desert with little or no water are ridiculous. I learned that when my vehicle broke down and I had to walk 2 miles at mid-day. I set out with a litre of water and two oranges. I had consumed all that before I got a mile. When I got to my destination I had double vision and was so dehydrated I couldn't speak.
    upsample1.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. #24 Dizzy, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Wow Cool Pic My Friend.! Yea I Believe You Mota! I Been Out In The Desert Some Were In Arizona An It HOT An That's In Capitals For A Reason. Which Desert Your Vehicle Break Down In?

~Toni~

5. It was Saudi Arabia. 26Km outside the city. 1972 Cadillac Eldorado! How unsuitable for the desert or what? It blew a core plug out of the block, and that was that. I nearly didn't make it, I was almost on my hands and knees. Around 45°C and full sun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. thats why I won't own any more range rovers, that happened, blowing a plug at the worst time ...like you,
    Im having 2nd thoughts on this Volvo, lots of bleeding sharp edges

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Looks like a 69 honda 90 . I think honda made a 50 cc that looked the same .
    If so I bought mine new for 198.00 $ on sale

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wow I am amazed at your accuracy. It was a 69 Honda 50. I rode it everywhere on the island, never let me down.
    I think I paid $50 for it in 1972.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Kool ..
    I used mine on the farm. Yes mine was very dependable . My first bike .
    Insane fuel economy.
    Brings back OLD memories brother .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Centrifugal clutch, so you dipped the throttle when changing gear. Top speed about 55mph. Lightweight, so if you got stuck, just carry it out. Used almost no fuel! My favourite bike of all time really because it was so well designed and so reliable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I have been half assed been looking for one restored .
    That would be a kick to have one again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Wow Mota Yea I Wouldn't Have Made It I Don Think. At least You Still Here Too Talk Bout Your Experience Tho. What Was The First Civilization You Came To Out There? They Give You Water?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  13. It was the radio station I worked at. The staff could hardly believe the state I was in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. It's OK.
    Southern CA is a desert, so I enjoy living near the mountains and ocean.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. in passing ...we are on that here: Mopeds lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1