Desert?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Dizzy, Nov 17, 2021.

1. I Was J/W If Anybody On GC Think That Deserts Are Cool (Figuratively) I Seen Mountains An Forests An Lagoons An Ocean Back In My Home Country Jamaica But We Dont Have Deserts There. I Did Get To See The Desert Years Ago When I Was Pregnant With My First Child Tho When My Boo Took Me To Arizona an Also The Grand Canyon. Sooo Pretty An Beautiful ISTG! I Hope To Go Back Sometimes. How Bout Yall? What Do You Think GC Fam? :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. I love the desert in moderation. So many odd plants and animals!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yea Like Cacti An Tumble Weeds...Scorpions...Gila Lizards An Rattle Snakes Lol.

~Toni~

4. One time when I went to the restroom at night at a desert campground I saw a huge whip scorpion. They're crazy looking.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Ohhh What Do Those Look Like?

~Toni~

6. Whip_scorpion.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ohhh Lol Cool I Seen Them Before But Didn't Know What They Called. Thank You P.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’ve been wanting to go to the desert just to experience the star scape at night. Gotta do it soon

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Yess Girl It Is Soo Beautiful. I Hope You Get Too See The Stars Out There Someday With Out Light Pollution Around! :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. I got myself into this situation once where I was alone, on foot, at dusk, Outback. I could see the orange halo of the next town against the sky, so I just started hoofing it down the road. This was a pretty remote road and there was zero traffic. It was about twenty minutes before I noticed these two lights off in the distance. They were about the height of car headlights but weren't on the road - they were out in the bush. I kept eyes on them and kept walking. For well over an hour these lights bobbed alongside me off toward the horizon, sometimes seeming closer, sometimes further away; sometimes dimmer, sometimes brighter; sometimes white, sometimes more yellow. It was so inexplicable in the moment. I was probably a kilometre or so from town and they just disappeared.

Weird shit happens in the desert.

At any rate, the stars are off the chain. The only other place I've ever experienced a night sky like that was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1

11. Wow Andy That's pretty Wild. I Believe You Bout Weird Stuff Happenin In The Desert Tho It Kinda The Same Vibes As The Forest An The Sea If You Know What I Mean? One Of Those Places Where Mother Nature Stiill Got Alotta Power.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I really like the way you said that. And I agree, 100%.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

13. Thank You My Friend I always Felt That Way About Certain Places In The World. Like The Southwest Desert In America Or The Red Woods Forest Here Or The Blue Mountains Back in Jamaica. There Probably Spots Like That All Over The World TBH. The One You Were In The Outback was Probably One One Of Them Too.

~Toni~

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Those Last 2 Pics Beautiful. Is That First One A Snake Eating Another Snake?

~Toni~

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. I like to visit the desert but while I was in the medical field I worked in the jungles of the Pacific.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. I like to visit the desert but while I was in the medical field I worked in the jungles of the Pacific.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Where Is The Pacific At? I Love Jungles Too But Never Been Ina Serious One Before Like The Rain Forest Of South America.

~Toni~