Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

depression

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hightimes512, Dec 15, 2010.

1. lately, if ive been high for too long or smoked too many times in a short period of time i start to get really depressed. anyone else get this? i know it sounds weird, but thats how it is:confused:

2. Have you stopped doing things you truly enjoy since you started smoking heavily.
    You may be losing aspects of your essence that you once cherished.
    Just a thought,
    -KillerKush

3. Depression is all in your head.

If you realize that your depressed, there's no reason that you can't stop it.

4. I've never felt depression really. Maybe you should lay off the herb for a week or two. Is there any reason why you think you are depressed? Don't worry, be happy:)

5. It's sad to be low so we just have to stay sky high. :smoke:

6. I have been through depression and it is not as easy as just recognizing that you are depressed and changing your thoughts.

I find that weed helps me with my depression, but everyone is different in that regard. I do know that weed makes my thought patterns more focused and I can easily dwell on things that would bother me. For me anyway, weed does make it easier for me to remind myself that I can't change any of the things that bother me tonite, so I'll just enjoy being high and I am able to let things go more easily.

If you are young, some studies do seem to indicate that cannabis can worsen depression in younger users. Unfortunately due to the illegal nature of the plant, you'll have to carefully evaluate if it is worth it to continue use for now if it is causing depression. You won't get any help from your doc if you tell him you smoke cannabis other than a blanket recommendation to quit immediately. I say take a break and see how you do, then when you are maybe more stable try again. Do not however be afraid to tell your doc if the depression doesn't go away when you take a break.

There is nothing wrong with using antidepressants if they are absolutely necessary.