Depression

Discussion in 'General' started by Foood, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Anyone feel sad for no reason?

2. as soon as I do I turn it around and Feel happy for no apparent reason... works every time

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. First thing besides all the physical pain I feel every morning.

This one included.

Make your own happy.

Is this a form of controlled mania?

4. Not for no reason I feel sad because my dad isn't here anymore.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sometime I also feel sad...too without any reasons. Why it happens i do't know.

6. I do sometimes then I take a bong rip & it helps lol

7. Bong rip is not a solution of sadness..??

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. It can be. Maybe not your solution, but it is a solution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes, and angry and frustrated.
    It effecting my family, work and life in general. I use to not be this way. I have dealt with depression alot in my life. I'm happiest when I'm at the gym or exercising. That's the main reason after a very long break from cannabis. I'm dipping my toes back in the water. I'm hoping to find some peace. A way to build my inner self back together.

• Like Like x 1
  10. When everything is going well in my life like job, $, and family I’m happy for the most part.
    Always trying to better my situation though.

11. Yes it is.. when I'm in pain I'm sad when I smoke I'm not in as much pain & feel normal again for an hour or so lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Right? Took a bong rip and busted a fat ass nut earlier then played some gta 5. Life is good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Depression, substance abuse and mental illness runs wide and deep on both sides of my family. I pulled myself out of my personal shithole in late 1989.
    For me it's not a struggle per se. It's maintenance.
    I have up and down days. If it's bad I go walk the dog, TURN OFF THE F**KING SMARTPHONE, watch a bad movie, something to slow the descent.
    I reward myself when I have a streak of good days. Refer to the "What ya Smokin'" threads.

I can deal with depression most days, but depression is an evil monster that is always too close for comfort.

14. Depression sucks I've had spells of it but no suicidal thoughts or anything like that

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I feel like I could have written this myself, other than the long break.
    The only time I'm not miserable or emotionless is when I'm out on my bike. IDK what is wrong with me recently but this summer has been awful. I am irritated all the time for no reason. I feel like I am missing out with my kids because the little things set me off. IDK if its just being cooped up all summer or what, but something's got to give :/

16. We haven't heard from the OP since January so if you are out there @Foood which is kind of doubtful by now...

Depression is usually suppressed or repressed ANGER turned inward.... an example is stopping oneself from reacting to a situation by allowing that feeling of being "as mad as hell" and expressing it in whatever way... not that we should all of the time as it can escalate and cause all kinds of hell for everyone concerned..

But usually it is something eating on us stuffed in the subconscious if not brain chemistry, blood sugar or neurological problem...

"We are never upset for the reason we think." a quote from ACIM i have found to be true... if we were and could release it at the time appropriately we likely would rarely if ever be depressed... What the statement means is we are triggered by something present and project that it is the cause of the upset but actually it is from way way deep past... it is obvious when we have enough clarity to see it is an overreaction to the current situation.

i knew a guy who hated me for no reason for years, each time he saw me he would lose it... i told him it wasn't about me but he continued to rage on... eventually he committed suicide i heard from mutual acquaintances... at some point he must have realized that the problem wasn't me or anyone else...

Moral of this book (sorry) is let it out, don't let it get bottled up and cause depression.

17. Couple bong rips and a good cry in a dark room gets me over it... or sometimes bring some clarity.

But ya a lot of years of some phycological abuse, not being allowed to have friends, and being a introvert. Those 3 things weigh on me alot consciously and subconsciously.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Even with smoking you've felt this? I ask because I felt it before when I wasn't smoking but now that I do smoke again, I find myself really enjoying my family. I am also less defensive and dont sweat the small stuff. I think it's better for all of us.

I dont smoke a ton though. A quarter lasts me month! I only smoke enough to make my mind wander and not when I have thingd to do.

You could also get on your bike more. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you're a guy then you're going to be fine in life because you've already figured out half the battle.

As a society we've taught boys growing up not to express sadness or cry and I think that is a big disservice to them and society. When we aren't allowed to acknowledge pain and let it out, it turns to anger and builds up.

Anyway, you're on the right track, so good job.

• Agree Agree x 1