Depression

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by vaheb, Mar 12, 2012.

1. If you live in LA Id suggest getting a medical marijuana card for depression. There are strains the directly help depression.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZaWFu_EvU]RUN FROM THE CURE,Marijuana cures cancer ,anxiety,depression Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9G4NB6_eRA]Medical Marijuana Helps Epileptic Seizures, Depression, and Anxiety - YouTube[/ame]

2. I think marijuana is great medically to cure physical distresses, but I think things like depression and anxiety are better off treated without any type of drugs. The effects are too unpredictable, and with depression, might only be short-term

3. Wow bro I'm in the same boat. I'm 20 and go through some depressive weeks. I can attest, that a t break helped me immensely. But this chick who I have a mad crush started talking to me again. She feigns interest but I think she probably likes the attention. So I started smoking heavy again and now I'm slipping back.

But I rolled two days ago and had some intense catharsis. So push forward man, let the passage of time slowly but surely seal the wounds of life.

4. [​IMG]

What have you been doing to improve your situation lately, OP? What makes you depressed? If you don't know, you have to identify the source/s and work to overcome it/them.

5. Dude I know how you feel some days I feel like I'm not doing anything worthwhile with my life and It makes me not want to do anything
    Most of the time I get really bummed out and depressed about everything
    I have started to meditate and Which has helped me put my mind at ease for a while
    Im really happy to see all the positive support from the grass city community :)

6. i feel you. ive been struggling with it for years, like 6 years now or more probably. shit sucks. got real bad lately but ive stopped smoking weed for the most part, started taking 5-htp, started getting my shit together at school and stuff. i was feeling a lot better, but then as you know there are still those moments where for no apparent reason you just feel like shit. and it's making me wonder if i'll ever truly be happy. maybe i end up with a good job, great girl, nice house, but i'll still have those moments where i feel like i don't enjoy any of it.

7. Thanks for all the support guys.

- I'm giving what all you guys said a try. I do go to the gym 3 times a week, so I don't need to add that into my daily schedule.
    - I've always thought about taking omega-3 fish oil, and I will definitely try it out. I'll go buy some tomorrow.

And I feel like marijuana gets you feeling good in the moment, when you are high, but when the effects wear off, then its back to normal...well for me it's that way.

8. Good job!!! Just make sure you take those omega 3 every day for them to work, i believe it takes either 2 weeks or a month to feel any different. good luck man, depression is real, hope you can feel better

9. I'm sure taking a multivitamin each day wouldn't hurt either. who knows it could be related to a vitamin deficiency.

10. super inappropriate man.
    is negative rep an option?

11. [quote name='"JamestheFreak"']Quit being such a whining bitch, depression isn't even a real thing.

Name-Calling/Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR[/quote]
    Hey James...

U MAD, BRO??

12. Since you posted you must want feedback, so I'm going to give you some.

I'm 54, disabled, have lived with depression due to chronic pain most of my life. Had my first surgery at age 11. Lost my younger sister to bone cancer when she was 14, I was 17. Mom and Dad had a bad marriage and too many kids, beat the shit out of some of us and not others. Dad was emotionally abusive as well. So I got married young and had 2 kids, and am still in love with my DH after 33 yrs. When I was young I thought no one would ever love me because of my disability, and because one of my eyelids is different from the other.

Five years ago my Mom went in to have her knees replaced and died from complications. Then we lost our business. Then one of my sisters got breast cancer and died, and I was the primary patient advocate for my other sister, who died the following year. My Dad died 2 months after that. Last year I had a bilateral mastectomy because I didn't want to die of breast cancer like my two sisters. After they took my breasts and sent the tissue to pathology, it turned out I actually did have breast cancer, very small, and I avoided chemo and radiation because of the surgery. I'm grateful but the reconstruction was botched and I just can't face another surgery right now. Oh, and we're losing our home.

What I want to know most days is WTF???? I never thought that my life would turn out this way. I worked while raising our kids, and I always tried to do my best in spite of the pain.

Depression is real, make no mistake. And for what it's worth, my advice is if you have serious depression, find a doctor. The Wellbutrin has saved my life. Depression runs in families, too.

The prior advice of fish oil, eating right and exercise is very, very good advice. I wish I could exercise. I'm an artist and I draw and paint when I can, although I can't for very long and in between I'm in bed. That's my life, and I'm not trying to gain sympathy. I would like for you to think about what it is that is bothering you. What would you like to accomplish in life? It goes by very fast and one day you may wake up and realize that you don't have many options anymore, and you've missed some opportunities. Don't let this happen to you. Find something you feel passionate about. If it's art, study art. If you don't know what you want to do, go for Vocational Counseling. They'll have you take a test and give you some ideas on where to start. Your local college or university can help you with that, too. My son was in a similar state of mind and he started with the community college counselor and took a test and started back to school, just a few classes each semester. You have to be somewhere in 5 years, will it be in the same spot or will you have your education?

Ok, I'll step down now. I wish you good health and happiness. I also agree with the post about avoiding tv and computer (in excess). Do some research though, on depression, on counseling... did you know that you can get free counseling if someone in your family died of cancer? I got it thru Hospice, but the American Cancer Society and a local cancer center here also offers it for free. This can never hurt, most often helps. If you want to be proactive, that is. It's up to you. No one can do it for ya, but you know that.

Wishing you the best.

mj

13. #33 AshTapper33, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    the only thing thats going to make any of you happy is yourselves. if you dwell in sadness and shitty circumstance everyday, and tell yourself "thats what i do", youre ultimately attracting and manifesting more of that in your life every day, every second. yet one second is all it takes to realize this and to act on it. wake up in the morning and feel gratitude that your feet are hitting the floor again. another chance to have anything you want. put a smile on your face for no reason, think of things that make you feel good. THINK GOOD = FEEL GOOD. your body is your vessel in which you swim through the universe, nothing but a body to feel whether you are on the "right path" or not. start now, your days are numbered. If you think Im implying you should lie to yourself, you couldnt be more wrong. youre only lying to yourself if you tell yourself you are. the universe is the first to feel everything. have faith in it, and you will REAP the benefits. In it there is abundant love and joy. you just have to realize it and tune in. i hope this diarrhea of the mouth helps someone. i love you all.

14. lol i just made a thread about this. i'm the same way aper.

15. there is always a reason. it is probably just more abstract than you think. its no specific event that is bothering you, it is your state of being. we all wanna know what we're supposed to do in life, but rarely do we find the exact answers we want. if you are not actively striving to fulfill a purpose beyond your own survival, you will become restless and confused. you will "lack direction".

we all crave goodness, progress, enlightenment (we being Humans). if you do not pursue those things, you will feel bad by nature, wether or not you know whats going on. when you give yourself a mission, a purpose, you have somthing beyond yourself and your feelings to strive for. you have a "go to" source of happiness. even if you feel totally bad, you can just work more towards your purpose and feel that much better. no matter what, progress towards your goals is absolutely good, and it should make you feel good. find the most special goals you can imagine and live for them. you will not be confused for a moment.

16. joke?

17. Change your routine, stay inspired.

18. Man I feel the same way and it friggin blows

19. [quote name='"vaheb"']Negative thoughts for days, months, on end..

Not able to focus on anything, especially schoolwork or even on one straight thought.. it's the only thing you can think about. There's no escaping. I live a good life but when I'm in my private quarters, it's a world of grief and pure sadness.

No psychologist can help, No plan on taking any man-made medication, I think to myself, "Is everyday going to be like this for the rest of my life?" I tear up at times, for no reason..I just wish I could be normal.[/quote]

That happens to me a lot but what fixed it was all my work is done and I was nice to the people that are close to me and I was kool but I also took a long toke break.

Now when I'm high I have nothing on my mind :D

20. [quote name='"JamestheFreak"']Quit being such a whining bitch, depression isn't even a real thing.

Name-Calling/Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR[/quote]

Bro stop being a fuckin dick and it is real