Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Depression Medication?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CyclicDreams, Nov 22, 2011.

1. i think that some people with major issues like severe bi-polar and schizophrenia obviously need real medication. as for depression, i use weed all the time. however, it CAN make things worse sometimes in my case. if i'm having trouble dealing with a major life issue, it's just going to make me think more about it and stress me out.

2. i have taken almost every ssri on the market and weed helps my depression the most, yea it's expensive to use as medication but it's worth it because it doesnt make my brain feel like it's in a straight jacket, like ssri's do.

3. Took antidepressants (Zoloft) on and off for three years but stopped taking them completely as I started smoking more regularly because yeah, I felt less emotional on them. I've been off for about 8 months now and my overall mood level is slightly better. I am definitely more up and down now though and I think sometimes weed can intensify my depression when I am by myself. I prefer it that way though because I'm a lot more creative when I'm depressed (and high). Just don't spend too much time smoking by yourself and I think it works as a great anti-depressant