Depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Grandsouls, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Hello!
    Iv been suffering from depression my whole life. And have been having it hit hard last few months. Doctors haven’t helped a lot nor the drugs. Along side Iv got crippling anxiety towards most things in life.
    Last two weeks Iv been on a journey trying to figure this shit out because I cannot do it anymore.
    Two useful things I found that actually helped. Where black pepper for anxiety and panic. The smell and just eating black pepper helps tremendously. Might sound weird but it does help.

Biggest discovery however has been straight cold showers. I was experiencing a large panic attack coming and I was overwhelmed by depression. I remembered reading once on cold showers. I was at rock bottom so I gave it a go. And it was horrible!! However afterward I had a massive sense of being regrounded and that cloud of heavy depression lack of energy and just not wanting any part of life was lifted.
    Just thought I’d share these two tips. Give it a go. Neither or are that enjoyable. But benefits are huge :) I no longer even mind cold showers. It refreshes me in the worst of the worst mornings and feels like a shot of adrenaline!

• Like Like x 1
  2. You should look into the Wim Hof method.

Here's something to get you started and you can find a lot more information about him, his methods and many stories of people overcoming major adversities by following his techniques.

Wish you to get through this crap and become stronger. Just remember, the only thing that's constant is change. No matter how you feel it will not always be the same. Brighter days are just ahead.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes that guy is great!!! I haven’t seen this video in particular just small bits. Thanks for sharing :).

That is true!
    Everything may seem bleak and dull. But one day new colours will blossom and new things will arise. Nature teaches this perfectly

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Think about the positive things in life.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. If only getting out of depression was as easy as thinking about positive things

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. It's amazing how many people think depression = sad. I guess it's understandable. From the outside looking in, they seem to be the same thing. But I I think of depression as a thermostat stuck all the way on low.

I tell people, "This is depression: you win the lottery, and your response is a wave of despair over having to spend the money. The most beautiful woman in the world drags you off to her bed, and all you feel like is hiding under the blankets, or the bed. You don't really worry about suicide because your energy level is so low you couldn't commit suicide if you tried. Every emotional tick makes you want to weep. Jokes make you cry."

Are you bipolar?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sadly this depression died in a drunk motorcycle accident..but this anxiety lives on..

8. Apparently dreams don't exist...RIP. Mac Mills..