Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

depressed, want to take t break for a few days

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by canirelax, Mar 10, 2013.

1. So i read an old'ish post here about someone who started getting depressed and took a break from weed.
    Lately i feel as though im not enjoying getting high like i used to, i smoke a very high grade skunk (23%) that gets you high quick (one puff is enough), and when i watch movies/shows feels like im not having as much fun as i used to, i feel depressed lately and i seem to have thoughts running through my mind about how everything is shit and so on.
    i smoke everyday, primarily because of gym, i cant eat after a workout so i smoke for the munchies. i also smoke with a friend once a week and last time i smoked with him was 2 days in a row where we both took 3 puffs each both days, i didnt have as much fun as i used to.
    sorry for long post, will taking a t break help?

2. Sounds like a good plan, I know it's not the same, but when I used to smoke cigarettes, I used to get really lightheaded, I enjoyed it so much that I smoked more and more, but the more I smoked the less lightheaded I got, I rarely get that feeling, but if I take a break for a few days, then I can feel lightheadedness again, maybe it's similar?

3. A few days won't change much. The first couple of times you get high after this break will be good, but you'll get back to how you feel now very shortly.

4. Take a longer t break and good luck sorting your shit out.

5. If you are genuinely depressed, it may not be the weed causing it.

6. i will take a break and see how it goes

7. If you are depressed you should try to figure out what might be the cause of the depression.

I don't think taking a break would change much as you would get used to it super fast again.

If this depression is caused by not getting the same high exciting feeling mayybe you can keep smoking weed to eat (maybe downgrade to meds for this purpose as it would be more so just to make you eat). Then when you want the get BLASTED and enjoy the high experience get yourself a bong, a glass wand, and a torch (I find creme brule torches are the best) and rip as fat a hit of the dankest shit u got using the heated glass rod. For better effects try adding some potent hash(my fave), butter or shatter, I am pretty damn sure that that will bring you to another level that you can enjoy, but dont do it all the time or u will get too used to it and have the same issue XD keep using the meds to stimulate hunger.

I've put 0.03-0.05g of some really killer hash in my huge bong using this method and filled the thing from bottom to top with thick milky smoke. 1 hit has gotten any of my experienced stoner friends FUCKED some of them said even too much so haha

8. from what i understand using a bong filters some of the thc so ill stay with joints. i will see how i feel in a few days. i once waited a week or so and took one hit which fucked me up pretty good

9. [quote name='"canirelax"']from what i understand using a bong filters some of the thc so ill stay with joints. i will see how i feel in a few days. i once waited a week or so and took one hit which fucked me up pretty good[/quote]

So you roll a joint, hit it once and put it out? That doesn't make a lick of sense lol. Also I don't think you need a t break. It sounds like you don't smoke very much, very often. I rec switching it up strain wise each time if you can. Very effective. Who told u your pot was 23%? The guy selling it to you?

10. I usually alternate between rolling "J's", then using a Vaporizer, then a bong, then a glass pipe. Doesn't matter what method I use but after a week or so, I don't get very stoned no matter how good the weed. Switching fixes the problem immediately but after another week or so, the same thing happens again and again.

Depression isn't a problem except when I realize how much money I'm spending on weed.

Maybe Nancy Reagan was right and I should have just said NO to Weed! I think I need a T Break for a month or so.

11. yeh its a shame what should be next to free is so expensive.. damn govt and DEA..

Anyhow! I have limitless access to herb and have tried just about every smoking method you can think of. I can guarantee you that (loss of thc) should not be a concern to anyone! I've done extensive testing and can guarantee you that your joint is the LEAST economical way to smoke MJ in terms of how high you get for the amount u smoke.

when smoking a joint you are sucking in all sorts of ash and other garbage unless u have a cigarette filter or something in it. plus a shat tone of smoke is just burning away every single second, thats plenty of herb being wasted. on top of this when smoking a joint the volume of smoke that you can get in your lungs is minimal in comparrison to a bong.

my analasys:
    - Rolled smokable = requires the most substance for me to reach desired effect <-- biggest waste IMO if you have limited qty, otherwise keep on burnin' j's taste great
    - Pipes = a little more draw, increased smoke volume, tastes gross when not clean, ash and particles still get through
    - Vapes = I use a volcano, high is very diff, pretty effective, pretty nice, but lacks the stoniness i enjoy, otherwise probably the most viable method.
    - Bongs/oil rigs = These are my fav, though the torch and glass wand are what make the bong better than any other device IMO.

first off with a bong, I suggest doing one hitters, that way you arent wasting any herb when you arent smoking and doesnt everyone like the first toke? it tastes much better, might as well make every toke that first toke.

Second, size of the hit, big or small. small hits I've found to be easier on the lungs though u will need to smoke a little more than if u just did a fat or gigantic rip. taking fat rips comes at a price however, toking .5g-1g in one rip will get you obsurdely high however it will also leave your bong and lungs quite dirty so i wouldnt suggest doing it all the time.

The loss of THC when smoking through a bong is moot, it is completely offset by the way in which the smoke is entering your lungs, all in all the bong can get anyone way more ripped off x amount of grams than any other smoking method if used properly!

12. and as others have said change strains and methods, doing so will make a suprisingly significant difference!

13. I don't know where the bong filtering THC idea comes from given it isn't water soluable.

No way is 100% efficient * (I'm not sure about edibles but we're talking about smoking), but it's still a shit load more efficient than a joint or a blunt.

Pretty sure vapes are a little higher % than bongs, then so on and so on.

14. Its medical cannabis from israel, my mom gets it for her lupus disease. few friends of mine were at amsterdam a few days ago and said that my shit is stronger then the stuff they smoked there (including white widow).
    you can even see the breeds in their website, we pay about 150 usd for 20g of prerolled joints. you get about 27-28 joints which last you a looong time if used moderately, you can also up the dose to 50g then 90g for the SAME cost. the people growing it do it voluntarily.
    heres the website with the strains, as you can see there is even a strain with 28% thc which i have yet to get hold of.
    ????? ???? - ??? ??????? ?????? ?? ????? ????

15. I was talking about the thc % he claims his weed is. Bongs filtering out thc is fooey. When I want to get basted I hit my 20perc loaded with ice. Joints are def a waste if you are on a tight weed budget. Something about a joint sometimes though. Old school :) Some stuff I grow wont burn in a joint because it is so resinous. My last og harvest for instance.

16. [quote name='"canirelax"']Its medical cannabis from israel, my mom gets it for her lupus disease. few friends of mine were at amsterdam a few days ago and said that my shit is stronger then the stuff they smoked there (including white widow).
    you can even see the breeds in their website, we pay about 150 usd for 20g of prerolled joints. you get about 27-28 joints which last you a looong time if used moderately, you can also up the dose to 50g then 90g for the SAME cost. the people growing it do it voluntarily.
    heres the website with the strains, as you can see there is even a strain with 28% thc which i have yet to get hold of.
    ????? ???? - ??? ??????? ?????? ?? ????? ????[/quote]

Interesting, I stand corrected. That looks like some old school genetics. Nom nom nom lol

17. i think after a good bong hit from my skunk ill look like a zombie and feel so euphoric :D

18. bottom are sativas, it also tells you how much % towards indica or sativa

19. I thought Israel was really strict on pot? Didn't know they had basically disp for medical. Hmmm..I learn something new everyday. Thanks op.

20. Oh by far I think edibles are the best in terms of effect off of a given qty when made right, but the hella long wait period makes them inefficient in some cases, i just eat and smoke to avoid the wait XD.

bongs are not 100% efficient neither are vapes. the reason i find vapes to be less efficient for myself is because you are leavin cannabanoids n whatnot behind giving you a lighter high. I will need less qty in my bong for desired effect. NORML produced a study saying that the water filters out the thc but i have a feeling there are a lot of variables not taken into acount and that this study has had the negative effect of getting perople to waste more weed wraping it in paper. (unless qty is no issue joints are great haha)

And if you are using a lighter or hempwick or other direct flame source in your bong you are not getting the most out of it, the flame destroys a bunch of the chemicles before you can absorb them. if you have a bong you have to get a glass rod and torch it will blow your mind i shit you not. I easily get almost 2x as high when i light herb with hot glass vs flame. and when smoking hash... thats another story, when using a lighter the bong smokes up a bit and u get pretty high, with the rod i shit you not when i say it produces 5-10x the smoke from a small peice getting me way more fucked (off of like 0.03g-0.05g!!!!) I dont think you can get much more efficient than that, high alll day long with less than half a gram of substance!