Depressed, bored, help!

Discussion in 'General' started by panicandrew, May 25, 2011.

1. Basically for the past 3-4 weeks I've been extremely down.
    Contemplating well, everything I guess.
    I've been letting myself drift into extremely negative thoughts about everything,
    about my future and my relationships future and my ability to make something of myself.

Right now, I am unemployed and not working. No education really.
    I'm working on all that, just recently started getting my life back together and for a while I feel like I'm doing really good.
    Then a little while ago I quit my job because of some company issues and have been having trouble finding work. I really like the free time to be honest, I needed it, but just not working and not being able to find a job easily and everything else just puts me down.

Anyway, now my "issue" is that I'm at my moms house for a week.
    Way way out of town, and I've been surrounding myself in friends 24/7 since I've been feeling down just to keep my mind off everything. I've been here 2 days and I feel myself sinking into a big pile of shit..
    I just let myself feel worse and worse and worse, and let myself overthink and overworry about my future.

HELP ME.
    Basically, what can I do for a week or so to just keep myself entertained?
    Or keep myself thinking happy thoughts.. or something!
    I need movies, tv shows, free PC games, interesting websites, I don't know.
    General help on how to remain positive when I have literally nothing to do for the next 7 days. Literally nothing..

2. so im in a somewhat similar situation kind of? was expecting a job coming home from college and i don't have one..

i have no friends at home not even a girlfriend. i am basically isolated and have no money so it's been really boring.

what i have been doing to help is have little things to look forward too. find a movie on the internet to watch that you haven't seen before. find new music. play music. make music.

smoke? :hello:

shit can be rough sometimes but honestly i believe good things come to those who wait.

3. Try being a man for a week.

And come back and tell me how it went.

4. remind me to rep you^

5. Please... you're too kind... :smoke:

6. Brother man, your mindset on everything plays a huge role in your reality.

Change in yourself starts with a change in your conscious.

Reading is something that benefits more than just your vocabulary, trust that.

You want to stay positive? You have everything to look forward to my friend.

7. Truth.

Also worth a shot haha.

8. Weed + Movies + Gaming + Masturbation + TV Shows + Music + Food...

Keep your mind busy, you'll do ok ;).

Learn how to be with yourself, to like yourself, even to talk with yourself, etc..

:wave:

Im sure you'll be fine man!

9. You can watch movies, enjoy with friends, when you are bored.

10. Try reading. Don't just sit around.

You say you have no education? Why not educate yourself?

No sympathy for you if you're just gonna sit around and rot and purposely distract yourself. That makes zero sense.

11. Try exercising, it's been proven to help with depression

Exercise: How Does This Promote A Healthy Mind And Body? - Dr. Emmons - VIDEO - EmpowHER.com

Or try some Qigong, it feels great :D

12. OP dude, I'm telling you this because I want to help you.

--

Think of the next week as your 'Growing up week'.

Think of what it means to 'grow up', and do that in the following week.

I am not saying this to make fun of you, or anything like that.

I might sound a bit cruel, but that's because I'm being nice.

I hope your next week is a meaningful one.

Good luck.

13. Exercise is the way to go. I am really not one for working out much or anything, but try to run everyday for a week. After living in an overstimulated world that overloads us with information, its nice to get some real hard work endorphins flowing, your body will thank you.

14. have a baby.

15. Educate yourself! Want to know a lot more about cannabis? Click that first link in my sig and read!

And you have the whole internet before you- the biggest "library" ever!

If you need something physical, put in a vegetable garden for Mom! Or clean up the garage!

Or maybe you need to create something! Most of us have had an idea for a painting, a new bong, or a half-finished song that we have been kicking around for a while. Why not actually do it? Make it real!

Your boredom and depression will vanish when you can turn around and say "I did it!".

16. To the "Try being a man" comment.
    Not really sure what you're getting at, at all.

I can't just educate myself, obviously this is in my plan!
    I didn't want to ramble on about everything I just wanted to say the basics so I could just find something to literally just entertain me for a week and give me some positive thinking.

I am enrolled in the next GED class at my local community college, which will allow academic upgrading after I get the GED too. It doesn't start until the fall though, but in the meantime in a month I have a GED test just to see how I do.
    I do have that stuff planned, I just feel useless because I really am doing all I can to get my life back together.
    Feels like there's just time between each of the major events.. pretty boring too..
    Can't do much to educate myself right now, after I do the GED test I'll have a much better understanding in what I'd need to improve.

I like some of the suggestions though, I am going to try some exercising or something if the rain clears up, I have a routine I'm working into next week once I'm back at my normal living location where I actually have exercising equipment.
    I'm not a lazy guy people.. like I said I'm just in the middle of nowhere for a week and I can't just pull all this life changing shit out of my ass. :p

Thanks though.

17. I know how that feels man but not the job part, what i do to keep my mind off things is socialize. especially with your parents. Keeping family close always is a good feeling. Another thing i do to cope with depression is smoke a few bowls =] but i also do because of nto sleeping and chronic knee pain. Stay on Grasscity for a while a socialize with people on here, its a great place and brings a great mood into my mind.

[= STAY HIGH =] :wave: :smoke:

18. go workout or something.

19. Who says you need a planned test with a specific curriculum to educate yourself?

You can pick up ANY BOOK and start reading. I recommend walking into a bookstore, going to the philosophy and cultural/media theory sections and browsing. 'Course, you can get a book anywhere that interests you, but reading philosophy could possibly allow you to think about your own life more constructively. With media theory/cultural theory, you could potentially learn about how media operates in society, and how media affect you. I guarantee you will find some of this subject matter very interesting.

Also, I recommend exercising.