Deported 9 times, rapist sneaks in again to keep "doing the job Americans won't do"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sir Elliot, May 25, 2010.

1. Hey, let's use a source funded by the ultra liberal foundation that gave Obama his start, placing him on a board with terrorist buddies like Billy Ayers.

Yeah, the annenberg foundation is just a paragon of neutrality.

Here is another 'factcheck' about illegal immigration.

In 2006 it was estimated that about 100 sex criminals are crossing the border daily. The number of sex crimes these monster are responsible for? Millions.

Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals

Diversity! Let's not forget to celebrate diversity with pillars of society like this man:

Lakewood man accused of sexually assaulting 9 girls | - NJ.com

I mean come on, only 9girls were (known to be) molested by him. Come on, what's some child molestation if it means we are more diverse? After all, I was told that our differences are what make us stronger. Some folks don't molest children. Others come here illegal and rape little girls. And that's what makes us stronger! Our differences!

2. #83 Kylesa, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
    The way the author of that sex crimes study came to her conclusion is TOTALLY bogus. She came to the conclusion that we have 240,000 illegal aliens in this country, conducted based on a study of 1,500 cases over nearly a decade? The article even says that she basically takes these compiled data sets, and multiplies them based on different percentages.

I'm sorry, but that is the most intellectually dishonest way of doing a study I've ever heard. Her figure isn't even based on real numbers. She extracted a percentage, and then applied it to the entire illegal immigrant community. You gotta be kidding me.

The American Conservative -- His-Panic
    http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/05/25/new-crime-stats-contradict-anti-immigrant-hype/

3. She arrived at 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders, not 240,000 illegal aliens.

If 2% if illegal aliens are sex offenders... and we have 12 million illegal aliens... we have right about.... 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders.

If the far more likely number of 20 million illegal aliens is correct, we have some 400,000 illegal alien sex offenders among us.

Diversity!

4. I'm sorry, but that's a fallacious way of creating a 'study'. She was going off a very small, and very refined set of datapoints, and imposed it on an ENTIRE group of people. Then, going again by her dataset of 1,500 cases 'on average' there was 4 victims per immigrant. She then imposed both of these statistics to the estimated number of illegal immigrants in this country, and makes an outrageous claim. Anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty would realize the methodology that she used to arrive at her conclusion is half-baked non-sense.

Plus there's a huge credibility gap. Mrs. Kaufman doesn't actually work at an academic institute, she works at her own LLC, which is called 'Violent Crimes Institute', and if you look at her website, it's kinda funny the outrageous rates she charges, and it seems she'll say anything for money.

I'm sorry, but the method at which she arrived at her conclusion, plus her obvious credibility gap means this 'study' you posted is bunk. Plus it's from WND. Find a (legitimate) study to corroborate what Mrs. Kaufman concludes, and maybe I'll believe you. But until then, it's laughable that you posted a link to that 'study'.

5. I was simply providing a source that is equally as reliable as 'factcheck', funded by the radical liberal annenberg foundation which has gone to massive lengths to support Obama.

Further, can you please describe what would be an appropriate way to statistically sample for this sort of thing?

6. I'm just trying to figure this out
    100 sex offenders a day from 2006 to 2010
    1460 * 100 = 146000 Sex Offenders in 4 years
    They'd have to commit 6 - 7 sex crimes each over the course of 4 years, but that's skewed because I used the end numbers (146,000 instead of getting fancy and going by the build up, eg 100 on day 1, 200 on day 2 - just the average)

Methinks the cops suck ass at doing their job.

7. No, you tried to pass it off as legitimate.

I'm not a statistician, but it's pretty obvious her methodology is bunk. You can't just throw a bunch of 'averages' together and apply it to millions of people. Especially when you have a very small sample size.

Perhaps she could base her study on actual cases that have been confirmed. Hell, she could include the number of cases that were REPORTED and I'd bet it was lower than the number she came to.

Her degrees center around criminal justice and forensic science. Why should we listen to someone who isn't qualified to author a scholarly study?

Perhaps you should read material that doesn't come from an extremist right-wing echo chamber, and perhaps listen to some more level-headed conservatives/libertarians. When you look at the facts, as immigration has gone up, crime has gone DOWN. There's so many facts that you and your ilk ignore, and instead latch onto sensationalism.

Once you get done reading the two links I posted above, here's a third for your consideration.