Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Depersonalization/derealization

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by asdf007, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I'm a new smoker here. I know that long-term derealization is a mental disorder, but what if smoking causes these feelings in me during the duration of my high. I go to sleep and I'm completely fine the next day. Is this what being high is supposed to feel like, or am I going crazy?

2. if ur fine the next day i wouldnt worry about it. keep  :bongin:

3. Wait for Granny to lay down the knowledge.

4. there is such a thing as drug-induced schizophrenia. I don't mean that someone with average mental health and no family history of the mental disorder can smoke weed, wake up, and BAM schizo. schizophrenia is a tricky disorder that usually doesn't reveal itself until late teens/early 20s. I have mild schizophrenia and my symptoms started right around the time I started smoking daily (depersonalization was actually the first symptom)

don't freak out or anything, I still smoke on a daily basis. but that feeling isn't gonna go away unless you take a break and reflect and remember that everything is real haha. just watch out for typical symptoms of schizophrenia if you're really worried but I think you're fine.

don't think you have to suffer through that cloudy feeling every time you smoke. it's scary and it isn't normal. best of luck OP!

5. #5 Weedity, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    Depersonalization doesn't exist.