Department of Social Services and Legal Medicine?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dirtyduane, Sep 18, 2009.

1. I would like to get some info on how some of you feel about growing legal medical marijuana in your home with infants, toddlers, kids, and teenagers. I am not just talking about the law, I am also talking about morals and how kids are raised.

If word got out on the street that I was growing marijuana (legal or not) and someone called crime stoppers trying to be a hero, they (detectives) have to investigate no matter what. Ok, now I am in my own home in my garage, legal to have 18 plants, (I am a caregiver and a patient) smoking out of my six foot bong. ( I had a migrain headache and needed some medicine) My three year old son is in the house with his mom. All of a sudden right after I smoked the detectives are at the door. Of course they didn't have a warrant but lets just say I let them in anyway. After doing a search and finding out that I am legal to grow and smoke, they said because of all the pot paraphanelia, and the way the garage smelt, they said they were going to have to call DSS.
    The house is clean, no past domestic violence, plenty of food. Does DSS have the right to investigate and take your kid for child endagerment or something? Is growing weed a crime while you are raising kids in the same household. Is it just wrong, or do you teach your kid that it is medicine and nothing is wrong. Opinions please? Do you think there is a difference in having your plants at another location or your garage vs. a spare bedroom in your home with your three year old child (or any age child)?

2. Personally, I think it's a muddled issue.

Growing and smoking, especially heavily, around a younger child is definetly a touchy subject. I don't know if I would agree that DSS needs to be called on you necessarily, however i can see how someone decided to 'play hero' on you. Obviously, I am sympathetic with you on the grow issue and burning and all :p Just saying, to someone who doesn't smoke.

Anyways, as far as growing inside or away from the child, I would definetly try to move away from the sight of your child at least until he is old enough to understand that while it is legal and okay for Dad to use his medicine that not everyone will understand this which I can imagine might be quite difficult to explain to a young'n.

Good luck with your situation and I hope DSS sees it your way.

3. The situation didn't happen to me. I am trying to talk the old lady into thinking everything is ok. My wife wouldn't even allow a seed in the house a few months ago, and now I am talking her into installing a CHHC-1 in the garage.:p I thought I would get at least a copule of more positve responses in this thread though.

Would it be OK to have your kids in your car on the way to the pharmacy to pick up your OXYCOTTON. Would it be ok to have your kids in the car while pulling up to the drive through liquor store? Would DSS show up for having a BEER in your own home? Do you smoke ciggs in the car with children? I don't see DSS getting involved in all that BS. I could go on and on.....Make pot legal and grow it in your own home. Makes sense to me:p

Peace
    Dirty

4. It depends on the situation...I'll leave it at that for now...

5. HUH?:confused: Let me hear what you have to say. It can't be any worse then my wifes comments.:rolleyes:

Peace
    Dirty

6. There's still a stigma attahced to growing medically. Most agencies still don't consider it medicine, and it is treated just as an illegal substance. I wouldn't push the issue....keep the grow seperate from the kids.