Denver

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lightgreenhay, Dec 29, 2015.

1. I want to move to Denver. I wouldnt mind living in a trailer as long as i could grow bud and smoke legaly. How much would I need to invest in a move like this. How much would I need a month to survive?

2. Nobody is going to be able to give you the advice you're looking for. You could find out all this information by doing some research.

3. ^^ This is a decision you have to decide OP. I'm sure it seems easier to you than it'll be, but hey follow your dreams buddy

4. Rental rates have skyrocketed in Denver the past few years. I moved here 6 years ago before the rush luckily and have watched the price of everything go through the roof. Traffic is 1000x worse than it used to be and most people can't drive worth a sh*t. I love Denver, but it's almost not worth it. On a good note, the value of my house has gone up 25k in a year!

5. 3k - 10k if you want a livable mobile home. After that figure $350 - $700 per month for lot rent. Water about $50 - $75 per month. Power bills would depend on how many lights you want to run, as well as if your home has gas or electric appliances.

Honestly if you really just want to move to Colorado look in Colorado Springs or smaller towns. Denver is expensive and too damn crowded for my taste.

6. I agree, with any major city the outter suburbs tend to be cheaper and you get more land and privacy for your money. I love living out in the country area, I have atl only 35 miles away and yet I have the quiet and privacy of being in the middle of the country. Cheers

7. I agree with this dude ^^^. Do sone research go for a holiday first if you can, rent or buy a trailer, at the end if the day it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be! Income is your first priority! Need cash coming in! Good luck, I envy you!

Sent from a used tampon, launched from Mars...

8. #9 weedude5, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016

Better get here before real estate starts to rise...
    Still a shit ton of land though, sure you could buy an acre or two for cheap somewhere

9. #11 jay719, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
    Generally speaking, and great deals aside, Housing cost goes lower as you travel North to South on the I-25 corridor. Fort Collins, Denver, Boulder, Golden, and Estes Park are among the highest living cost outside of the resort towns. Make your way South to Colorado Springs and things get cheaper. Travel even further South to Pueblo and it's on average cheaper than the springs. Smaller towns on the eastern plains , and South closer to The border can get even cheaper. However, the smaller towns can also be the hardest to find employment. By living Cost I mean lot rent, apartment rent, home cost and so on. You can find cheap mobile homes for sale on Craigslist in most front range cities and towns. You want to be able to leverage the cost of the home versus paying rent each month. If you spend 5k on the home, and $500 in lot rent instead of renting a comparable apartment for $750 then the $250 per month savings will return your 5k investment in 20 months. After that you still have the equity in the home and with some upkeep you can get your initial 5k back again when you decide to sell. Don't ever buy a new mobile though, not usually good investments because of depreciation unless they are on a valuable piece or acreage.

For example I have found Mobile home lots near Boulder charging $700 per month just for lot rent. I found some in Southern Colorado for $250 per month. Though in one of my favorite areas the county where the $250 is located also has the 3rd highest unemployment rate in the state.

By the way if you want to grow in a rental home, be prepared to pay a heavy difference in rent. That's one good point for a mobile that you own, nobody can bitch when you decide that cutting a hole in your wall or ceiling is the only solution when it gets hot in July / August.

10. few months ago I went camping all over the west including around denver (stopped there for food beer and weed, weed was less than impressive).
    We were in a RV, and rented a bunch of rv stops, and there were plenty of permanent/temporary RVs able to rent space. It was enough to live, power and water included. Nature all around, and you could even keep some potted plants outside with random furniture etc.
    I'm sure it'd be cheaper than a Mobil home, and they probably will never look inside your RV.

the rv my parents own has bedroom bath and kitchen. They're not expensive and I've seen used for not too much money.