Denver on 4/20

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Living Leo, Dec 8, 2013.

1. So, me and my crew will be in Denver for the week of 4/20. We're gonna be at the cannabis cup also, no way in hell I'm missing that.But I was wondering about dispensaries, stores, etc. for cannabis in Denver. Are there a lot of them? Easy to find? Recommended places?I'm just excited for the idea of getting bud from a store instead of going to dealers that complicate shit.

2. #2 Retsii, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    I envy you so much. Albeit I'm in Colorado Springs I don't think I can make it to Denver due to university (and possibly still no car by then).

BUT regardless! There are literally more dispos than Starbucks and McDonald's combined (I read that somewhere but it's so legit). There's plenty on the 16th street mall and Colfax avenue. Trust me, you will not have an issue finding a dispo! I cannot recommend any places for ya up in Denver but if you're ever down here in the Springs I can give you a few.

Also, be careful. Watch Denver's laws carefully. They're trying to pass a bill that if you so much as smell like marijuana or smoking publicly on your own property you can and will be arrested. I think they're throwing the bill away, but keep a close eye.

Happy toking! :smoke:

EDIT: I totally forgot that COS banned recreational marijuana... :cry:  so stay in Denver!

3. #3 Griever, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    [quote name="Retsii" post="19126368" timestamp="1386540846"]I envy you so much. Albeit I'm in Colorado Springs I don't think I can make it to Denver due to university (and possibly still no car by then).BUT regardless! There are literally more dispos than Starbucks and McDonald's combined (I read that somewhere but it's so legit). There's plenty on the 16th street mall and Colfax avenue. Trust me, you will not have an issue finding a dispo! I cannot recommend any places for ya up in Denver but if you're ever down here in the Springs I can give you a few.Also, be careful. Watch Denver's laws carefully. They're trying to pass a bill that if you so much as smell like marijuana or smoking publicly on your own property you can and will be arrested. I think they're throwing the bill away, but keep a close eye.Happy toking! :smoke:EDIT: I totally forgot that COS banned recreational marijuana... :cry: so stay in Denver![/quote]Colfax.... *shiver* I'd rather stay in the springs than have to deal with hobos and homeless. We have great dispensaries here

4. #4 Retsii, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Fair enough, I come from NY and I'd walk through Colfax with my eyes shut as opposed to Nassau county and the city haha.

While we do, it's not recreationally legal in the Springs. If Manitou Springs decides to legalize it, that'd be the closest place to the Springs that have recreational bud (Pueblo county being second).

Lol Colfax this Colfax that. People need to stfu already about Colfax that shit isn't bad at all. I grew up outside of KC and saw some way worse shit go down there then I've ever even heard of off Colfax. Fuck I live off Federal and I'd be more nervous about being further South on Federal than anywhere on Colfax. 

6. We are supposed to be relocating somewhere in the area of pueblo sometime in February . I would like to think I will definitely be @ the 420 event this year .  being a small town guy living on the east coast paying 25 - 30 dollars a gram for " whatever the man has in this week" for the past 15+ years im really looking forward to moving towards the west coast . 

Are their more than one 420 event? or is their like one main420 event and then smaller ones in fort Collins and such?

7. And if you are able to make it to Denver for 4/20, is there a legal place to use it yet?  As it stands the only place that is 100% legal with no ambiguity is inside a free standing structure that you own.  If there is no smoking in public, no lounges or clubs, you can't use it where you buy it, and hotels don't let you use it it seems that tourists are kind of SOL.

Yeah, just about anywhere. I smoke "in public" from time-to-time with no issues. There are lounges/clubs, just not heavily advertised from what I can tell. Hotels are fine just don't be stupid and ASK them about it.. Just DO it. I smoked in a hotel room in Las Vegas with no problems, it'll be 10x more chill here. 

Go on a hike or walk on some trails. I love smoking out and about and doing things all around Colorado. Breckenridge and Nederland you can smoke in public. Might be a few other smaller cities allowing this now as well. 

Very cool.  I do have a little bit of an advantage in that I don't really "smoke", I vape because of my asthma and/or running which is something I recommend to anyone that can afford it(I'm a huge fan of the iolite type of vaporizer, though it isn't that good for concentrates).  Usually the biggest thing I get is curiosity from people who haven't seen a Wispr.

I've tried vaping. I've owned a Volcano, iolite (garbage), Arizer Solo, a box vape and a micro gpen. The Gpen is the only one I use or still have still. I'm selling my solo to get an oil rig. 

Everytime I vape I enjoy it but it just makes me wanna smoke really. 

Interesting.  I'm a big fan of the Volcano, the iolite(I had one before I got my wispr) and the Solo did me right when I used it.  However, I think that it may be a combination of frequency of use and individual variation.  The most I have ever used cannabis was two or three times a week and usually more weekly. 

Have you tried vaping after going on a tolerance break, about two weeks worth?

Uhm, I haven't gone more than a day or two without smoking in atleast 3 years.