Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Denver Cannabis Cup

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GrapeStreet, Apr 2, 2011.

1. my god that is a good photo.... whoa... what is that?

2. If it wins, I'll let you know.

It's a small batch harvest of an Kush variety selected from seed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. those pics are beautiful

4. my god damn medical card didnt come in the mail this week so pissed, emailed cdphe and they said it was mailed on march 22nd wtf is up with the mail....anyway was gonna go but no card so not anymore looks like a cool event and I look forward to seeing the winning strains and dispensaries!

5. you should call this "frost yourself".... its from a shitty movie... but man that is epic, i expect samples...:smoke:

6. Well done GrapeStreet! I wish I could be there to sample that beautiful plant. Best of luck.

7. Hahah!

You can't name something after something
    Matthew McConaughey said, that's just irresponsible....

:laughing:

8. The cup was awesome!! Mess all ova

9. thats some serious thc

10. I'm so bummed I didn't have the moolah to
    go to this...lame, I want to know who the
    cannabis cup winners were!!!

11. Same anyone know the results or where they can be seen?

12. Highland and MH Green Cross both finished with the #3 and #1 spots in two categories. With so many different places entering...seems odd there'd be 2 places taking 4 of the 9 awards.

Ah well, High times is run by a bunch of rich lawyers...can't complain about the heat in florida, can't complain about the corruption of lawyers...just life.

Speaking to some friends and local reviewers, and nobody was all that happy with the results. But, there's no real system of judging, and they only had like 5 days to test the 80 entries.

--
    I didn't even get to go :( but, 4:20's coming up, and we all know that'll be the everpresent holiday for the masses.

NO FEES, NO TICKETS, NO LINES, NO LICENSES. Sounds like my kind of show.

13. well... the name was a let down... and so was the judges not giving that smoke its fair due....

and you didn't even get to go... lame...

for the record i still like "frost yourself"... hahahahahah

next time

14. #17 GrapeStreet, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    I didn't like the results at all.

First off...banana Kush won 3rd for Hybrid and 1st for Indica...explain that.

Next...One of the judges (at least) worked at the dispensary that won 3rd in both Hybrid and Indica

Then...out of a total 9 spots for the 3 categories (1st, 2nd, 3rd | Indica, Sativa, Hybrid), two dispensaries (one I've heard little about, the other I've never heard that they had great stuff) took home 4 of the cups.

Also...there was only one category for extracts, which had earwax, bho, co2, kief, bubble in the same competition...lame...just lame.

And...of all those excellent growers and some great dispensaries, none of them even made it on the board.

Still, I heard it was a great event, and with any luck, our cup will surpass the amsterdam cup (and I heard a FEW reviews that said it did, including one from a holland breeder, and even from the HT CEO Dan Skye himself) and become the ultimate smokeout in the nation.

Give it another year or two. We're already surpassing Cali in (% pop), ($ per capita), and of course in regulations. I'd say we've easily equalized any quality difference, and I think we may surpass those soon too.

You'll have heard of the Mile High Cup worldwide

15. I'm going to try and make the one in San Francisco in June.

:D

fingers crossed

16. nice... couldn't make the show when its in town... now your going to fly six hours to attend the same event.... and you wont have your MMJ card once your in a new state... I'm failing to see the logic here

but take pics if you do... and smoke a freebie... those are the best

17. I believe you've combined people.

I am in Denver, didn't go to the show, staying here (as far as I am aware, that is).

Kim is in SoCal, and is attending the 3rd Cannabis cup, hosted in california.

--
    It's not a failure of logic, it's an error in perception.

But it's all good. :smoke:

Have fun Kim. :wave: