dentist

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by PsychiatricWard, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ok so i'm went to see my dentist today and she said i have the beginnings of a cavity. i have to go back to get it fill and whatnot. she said something about putting my mouth to sleep? should i expect novacaine for that? i was wondering if they're gonna crack out the canister of nitrous oxide, should i expect that too? what else should i expect?

2. putting your mouth to sleep only uses a local anesthetic (like novacaine). This is used for minor surgeries. When I get root canals or they cut my gum to reveal a tooth I got gassed, but she would have said you were getting a general anesthetic then.

3. anyone else know? bump.

4. freezing.

5. freezing my face with whatever nitrogen compunds they use you mean?

6. it depends on the dentist i think....just say your really nervous

I got Two teeth removed and was given nitrous oxide

he told me to spit and i got out of the chair and went to the bathroom right down the hall when the spit thing was right next to me hahaha

but i've gotten cavities filled from a different dentist and nothing except Novocaine and the likes

7. whatever, is novacaine recreational at all or am i just stuck with a numb face? a numb face is still fun but it's always good to have some sort of euphoria with a body high....

8. Don't expect much at all... unless they fuck up and give you too much of what they're gonna give you.

One time I think they had the nitrous up too high for me because I was floating, all tingly, and the music they had in the backround sounded like it was from super mario. When the dentist talked to me I couldn't hear SHIT, but somehow I knew what he said and I answered back... couldn't hear myself talk either haha.

Best damn dentist visit ever!

9. right after i started smoking weed I got a cavity filed and thought "wow nitrous is amazing"

lol i love it. free drugs :D:smoking:

10. omg you only got a cavity filled and they gave you nitrous? thanks for that dude, thats what im getting so theres a small chance i could get nitrous! thanks

11. at first, say your a bit nervous and hate dentists (tell him your an anti-dentite, he'll know ;) ) and then as soon as they start drilling, say it hurts. they will have already given you your max amount of novacain so out comes the n2o.

12. My dentist offers gas upon request. Sign in the little lobby room says just ask and its $15

Never asked though cause id rather have the 15 for the 30-45mins..

Unless you ask then they will probably just give a little shot of basic novacaine. If it doesnt work and you ask for more they will either give you another shot in the gums of the same stuff or a shot of a stronger kind of novacaine.

Good for not feeling the tooth but the dentist isnt gonna get you high while working. Ask for a script for pain pills after a root canal and they gladly give you the paper.

Dental work isnt that bad. A little novacaine is all thats needed.

13. +rep for the seinfeld reference man!

14. thanks, i might just ask for it if worse comes to worse. =) thanks guys

15. Crazy man, different stuff happens in the states

16. bump bump. i think my appointment is on the 28th, any words of encouragement or any last minute advice to get the N2O treatment?

17. they will give you no if you ask, atleast mine will