Dense buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SuAn12345, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Can someone explain and help solve? I can grow awesome buds but they are not solid... Opens to mostly red hairy buds I guess Id say. Is it the nutes or maybe the drying doin that?

2. It's a lot of things. Going to need an explanation of your set up, from lights/ventilation to medium/nutrients and anything else in between like temps

3. 2/1000 Hps. 60% hum 65 to 80 temp MG garden soil. b52 early Bloom boost durin flower. Water every other day or 2...

4. What have you grown?

5. #5 xDisciplex, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013

Your watering way to much.Weed likes some dry time.Use the weight of your pots to determine when to water.

google lollipopping.that will help a lot with more dense buds.

Heres one vid I found quickly: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp9xPEoW6a4[/ame]

6. generally it's either lights being too far away or too high of temps that will cause loose airy buds.

If it's none of those things, you need to get a different strain. There is a huge difference in strains. My gdp is like 4x as dense as my superskunk grown in the exact same conditions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Thks guys. What distance on lights? SOG is my method. Grows great. Smells & taste ok. Pipe smokes great. Rolls like crap!!! Got blue widow from Tude ordered Wanted them to be A1!

8. #8 Bongsauce, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    here's a good hid chart that shows the 'sweet spots' of different wattages of lights...

[​IMG]

If your plants within the 'sweet spot' and they're burning...then it's too hot for them and you need better cooling/airflow.

Anything in that blue area is gonna just be fluff and imo not worth growing. I'm a firm believer in growing the plants only as tall as the light penetrates so that you don't end up[ wasting time growing a bunch of stems. By growing only in that sweet spot you'll get solid buds all the way down to the soil.

A good rule of thumb is 'direct light to every budsite' :)

9. Lose that nasty Miracle Grow crap - and I'm being nice when I say crap.

J

10. pulling early or not enough light

11. I kno on MG but... Pullin at bout 50% amber... I think lights maybe to high? What medium is mostly used ?