Den Activist from OG...It's Play Time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by -, Dec 15, 2002.

1. We'll be good *evil laugh*

2. I had a friend whos nickname was tank, he died in a car crash, ahh... irony how I love thee.

"Mlip2003- The guy comes with the funniest things to say. He's intro speaks for itself lol "

Damn now I have to try :(

Hi Den!!!

3. Naah, yours comes a lo natural like Tupelo

4. Nice To meet ya's Thanks for the warm greetings!
    Happy Holidays All!!
    Thanks DEN ACTIVIST For the Invitation!
    Eddie

5. i have to admit critter is right about the debateing arround here...

we are too stoned to argue with each other....

and the only real debates begin when some new asshole tryes to be a dick to some of the regular blades....

otherwise its all peice love and dope arround here...

as im sure you have found out

and for everyone who is interested .......

we have our own church....

and if is quite the unconventional type....

come on down and give a lick ...

at the beavr lick church

6. Just checking in....

7. Hey Baby! Nice to see you... I just finished bitching in another thread and you got me all happy!

Thanks love. :D

Den Activist

8. den activist...i know you've been around here for a while now but let me introduce myself...im NuBBiN, Ive been a member of grasscity for two or so years now, as well as a moderator for the general forum, and I love this group of people like my family..hopefully I'll get to know all of you guys as well as I do the older GC members....as for the urbanites name, I dunno about that...it may not flow with the rest of the city's members...they prefer to be called Blades usually just as an FYI...and last but not least, Ive seen many a heated debate here on the city...unfortunnately they seem to be far and in between, I hjate to stereotype and generalize like this, but unlike OG which seems to be more roudy, fast paced and full of younger people..grasscity is where the old hippies come to die..tye-die that is....so please don't be discouraged that there doesn't seem to be many people standing up and sparking debates, it's not that we can't handle them(I'd say some of the wisest and most intelligent people are right here at the city)..its got much more to do with the fact that we're all sitting back in our rockers all over the world, with pipe/joint/whatever in hand puffin away with a half sleepy and wise grin on our face....so remember, if you want a heated debate done right, you gotta start it yourself..others will follow..trust me

so please have a wonderful and safe holiday season and this next bowl is for you...hopefully you'll come to enjoy this site for the same reasons everyone else does...good day ;)

9. well first on my list of old fogeys would be you critter..ya damn aussie

10. Nice to meet you NuBBiN. It's mighty fine of you to come here and introduce yourself. I mentioned the warm welcome each member gets when s/he registers at the City. That is something to be proud of.

Believe me, I know what you mean about loving the group of people as your family… believe it or not, we too are family at OG. Except we come from a family that appears to be dysfunctional to other communities; albeit, we aren't. There is much love and respect for each other.

When a members posts that something is going on with their family at home, there is never a shortage of people to assist in whatever they can to make that person feel better about the situation they are facing.

As members we have been there for each other. We have cried with the our fellow members for the death of a family member. We have celebrated the birth of a new child, and congratulated members on their birthdays.

We have prayed for the spouse lying in bed close to dying, and for the mother seeking help for her son who has become addicted to heroin. We have comforted those who were sad or depressed. We wished the woman facing hysterectomy, and the man who feared he had a malignant tumor in his scrotum all the best and counted them among us as successful and well.

We have encouraged those who suffered infidelity to be strong and not to give up on love. We encouraged those who have chosen to continue their education, as we have encouraged those who thought that marijuana was no longer for them to part ways with weed.

We have provided educational information to those with a toothache, impotency, STD's, TB, and other contagious diseases. OG members have had a wealth of information available just for the asking.

As a community we are able to educate, encourage, and pray for our fellow members, and have a good time. We have participated in threads inquiring about “Favorite sexual positions” to the thread of “The person above me” as a form of entertainment. Although not everyone chooses to participate by posting, many do view the threads, while others prefer to respond with private messages.

Yes OG does have many young members on site, yet many of those young members are able to debate intelligently and logically. I have had to cede to their argument when it became apparent that the opinions posed were both logical, and veritable. Young people are able to bring a new perspective on things that we older people have not analyzed. Too many still believe in the old adage, “if it's not broken don't fix it.” Don't be fooled into believing that most of those who debate on OG are of an older generation, many, if not most, are not.

I wouldn't say OG is rowdy per say, but would rather term their behavior as a more livelier group. Not that I have not seen lively conversations here in City, not at all, there have been some… Notice that I have registered only recently and have close to 100 posts.

I don't doubt that there can be some interesting debates taking place here; however, the first impression I got was that I was to be very very very careful in starting a heated debate.

In another post, I read that IF a thread were start in an effort to advance a heated debate, Mods would take care of the matter ASAP. So instead of me starting a debate, I rather sit back and be reactive.

The reason I encourage debates is to learn from others. If there is nothing else to learn, one learns the reason that person subscribes to a certain philosophy. I for one am never too old to learn.

I've always preferred the broader wisdom of hippies. I would think that because this site has a wealth of experienced hippies whom have brought with them world-class experience, then debates would even more enjoyable when combined with the younger members that have registered from OG recently. Unfortunately, not all I've invited have registered yet.

I'm not able to discern the younger members here since I have not had the pleasure to debate or read their opinions on different subject matters.

In re to the Urbanite vs. Blades… it's obvious why I coined the term as my personal preference for GC members… City:Urbanites as Grass:Blades –confused- But minor…

About enjoying this site… I have a thirst for knowledge and mental stimulation. Unfortunately, I'm not a linear thinker, hence my mind is over active and must be maintained as such for me to get the best of, and enjoy my mental health.

I seek challenges in the form of debates, information, and education. Once my thirst is not satisfied, I reduce my posting, or disappear for a few. Don't take it personal. It would have nothing to do with the site itself. It has more to do with my need for a challenge. Moreover, classes are starting soon and this semester it will be 3 classes, so I have to dedicate most of my time to what is important at the moment.

I didn't mean to have such a long response, but that too is one of characteristics.

Like you, I wish you and GC the best Holiday Season and a prosperous 2003.

And babe...please do smoke that bowl for me... ;)

Respectfully,

Den Activist

EDIT: Understated my post amount.. should be 137 including this one.

Attached Files:

11. I knew you'd appreciate this site more than OG. I have a thick skin. So what would bother some, I sometimes find funny, because some people don't give a second thought to what they are posting in regards to other's feelings. Then I pull out my cigs and present my (strong) opinion. But that a personality thing… I don't care what people say as long as I can respond.

It's more laid back here, I know. It does have its benefits. I know Whisper (s)-just kidding w/ the “s” lol… anyway, I know she will come to like it here as well, as the philosophical debates aren't as heated as on OG.

Dasch likes it too because of the Musical forum.

Jedi and Fast Eddie, well, they are all over the place helping those who need help with their grow. Beautiful.

Gravy, Tanky, and Swg… well they're busy at this time… and mlip… haven't seen the dude online too often for about a month now. Reaper is here and I'm sure he will help out with grow questions.

I've invited some others for their humor and wit, and interest in the political arena. They haven't come here yet. I'm hoping they do. Those whom I've invited are good company.

It wasn't an attempt to bash GC… for if it sucked, I wouldn't be here. There are some 40 people at OG that I've grown fond of. I let them know that I especially love them every so often. I spent 2 hours trying to find the a Xmas card to send out for each of those 40. So, the PM Xmas card were sent already. LOL

I love OG… even those little rascal that say things out of the way, tend to be different when corresponding through PM's. Many times, it's best to tell people what you feel in private than in public. Even if they do realize they've made a mistake, in the public arena they tend to feel they have to save face and hence disrespect others.

I'm here for a good time as always. My question is… are you ready to play?

12. Let the games begin!

13. Hey girl...

Just a quickie, to say hi & nice question lol.

Im still navigatin' my unco arse around here & you know my thoughts on this already. I too am interested also.

Take it easy tiger.

xxoo Salt

14. Sorry babe.. I was getting into a lil debate with a few of the boys… They called me a racist and Nazi. ROFL

I won't invite you to the thread... you are bound to get upset.

Babe, I haven't been desensitized. I just remain focused on what I want my final point to be. I don't stray or sway. I work on an angle to get to my point. Sometimes I give a certain perception to open a whole new can of worms for others to digest.

I do have to admit that it doesn't really bother me much what others say or think. What bothers me is what they DO as a result of what they believe. I don't have a problem with racism. I have a problem with discrimination.

Just as I don't have a problem with Believers or Non believers. But I do have a problem with them treating others as inferior because based on their thinking, if you don't believe you are condemned to hell, or if you do believe you must be ignorant.

I say, let them say what they want…I'm ALL out for FREE SPEECH.

He who says what he wants, hears what he doesn't want.

Hey Salti. ^_~

15. But OG has my heart.

I like everyone there, even the @$$holes who
    call me names (moony anyone?) and the like.

Den my love, you think I have thin skin but the
    truth is, I can hold my own. heh heh
    My problem is lack of knowledge!EEK! Did I say that?
    I can't spar with them giving statistics etc.
    But what I can do is speak my peace/piece.
    I think they need more people to speak up when
    racist/sexist/rude/disrespectful comments are made.
    There are those, and many I might add, who feel the same.
    The truth is, many don't enter into those threads, not
    because they're afraid to speak their mind, but because
    there will always be differences of opinion and they
    have more important things in their life than arguing
    with a bunch of uncurteous toads. :)

I'm like a momma, I have to nudge in there and speak.
    I just can't help myself.
    Mostly though.....I enjoy the music talk, the cannabis
    activism talk, the medical mj talk and the over 40s
    thread.

Much love and peace ya'all
    Happy New Year!

whisper/mithril

16. some of the younger posters here...will suprise you when you find out there ages...

and we only tend to get upset about people makeing personal attacs...not that i can spell....
    but a good debate is fun for all ...as long as it is an inteligent one ....that does not go ...

"hey you are a bitch"

"fuck you you are stupid"

"no im not ...i know everything and you know nothing.."

17. So whatever happened to the gang from OG, if anyone wants to share? Seemed to me they just found a new site to start fights on.

...except for Jedi Hippie, he actually new what he was talking about.

18. BTW (by the way) from now on I'm gonna call the blades urbanites. LMAO!