Dems fleeing Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rhapsodyrcks, Jul 23, 2013.

1. My friends the tide is slowly turning. The ever important group of Democrats who are moderates are finally seeing the light that Obamacare is nothing but a bag of shit. There seeing the pending rate increases, the raping of there bank accounts to support those who give nothing, the depletion of there purchasing power. These numbers will continue to work in our favor. 2014 we take back the Senate..Dems publicly already scared of this. After that we defund it, attach legislation to everything to get rid of it, and establish the Great Firewall around Team BO. We can do this but you must vote, and be as proactive as you are on Cannabis. Together we can thrust a dagger into the heart of the beast. Let us finally be rid of this, and enjoy the fact that those without saw the fruit dangling before them but never got to taste it. A fitting punishment for them as they punished us. Have courage!http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/07/23/moderate-democrats-are-quitting-on-obamacare/

2. We take back the senate? Who is we? 

3. When I saw we I say GOP. I would rather they are in and road block everything to stop this monstrosity from ever being implemented. GOP has there own issues but at least there alternative is not reform...its repeal in its entirety. Id rather deal with there mess then deal with this. Once a entitlement gets established its a act of God to remove. We have a unique brief chance to stop this over the next couple years. After that we are screwed. Its not realistic even though people may want it to believe that a 3rd party will fill the ranks in mass.

4. oh gross. i'm out. 

i thought you meant like we the people or something, not we the corporatist thugs parading as a different party than the dems. 

5. The GOP has lost their path. It started when the main objective was to insure the President failed. It went straight to Hell when they started blocking bills that would help America and it's recovery.
    They are now tanking more with attacks on Women's health and immigration issues.

Not everyone agrees that ObamaCares is going to be negative. Here is an example of radically lower rates because of the Affordable Care Act. :smoke:

The approved rates for the year 2014 are a 53 percent reduction compared to last year's average individual rates, even on the most expensive packages. In addition to the discounted rates, many state residents will be able to qualify for federal subsidies further lowering costs for consumers who purchase coverage through the exchange. According to the Governor's Office, the costs for existing "direct pay" individual coverage plans are comparable to the 2014 gold and platinum level plans - purchasing the 2014 silver or bronze level coverage plans could result in reduction greater than 53 percent.
    Source - http://www.legislativegazette.com/Articles-Top-Stories-c-2013-07-23-84485.113122-Gov-Cuomo-says-NYers-can-expect-lower-insurance-rates-beginning-2014.html

6. Very well then. Plenty of others out there especially outside of this site that see this. We will take back the Senate in 2014. Thank Montana for that. Gov dropped out of the Senate race Dems do not have a replacement GOP guy running is decent and will most likely win. Then we can apply some Universal Health Care Legislation and remove the tumor of Obamacare or at the very least defund it and defund the IRS. They require 2000 people and about 3 billion in additional funding for the Obamacare section of IRS that is enforcing it. Obamacare will be the straw that broke the camel's back fiscally. Whats so stupid is they cant even do math. 30-50 million getting healthcare and it will cost nothing. HAHAHAHHAHA Fools.

7. ICGreen for some reason I cant quote. Anyhow what you don't see if you read up is the reason it will be cheaper is NY is a odd place that insurers do not like to do business in anyhow. Obamacare in that case will probably save money. Its a very unique market unlike any other market. Most of the major healthcare companies have shyed away from them because of there insane regulations that they had in place. The vast vast majorty of us will see from a 50% to 150% increase. No thanks. Your health issues have never been nor ever will be my concern. When you look into a mirror whatever issues you have its up to that person to resolve not my checking account. Someone elses life is not my fault and there life is none of my business. Yet so many believe it should be.

8. Rhapsody I agree repubs are the lesser of two evils but come on man you are a real patriot! You should tout centrists and real independents. Not the fake independents party that has been from what I can see wa commandeered by the Progressives and Democrats.

says the guy who posts about the dems and the GOP making some sort of difference..

10. Shh AW, you shouldve brought him down a little more softly.

:p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The only thing I am interested in is removing Obamacare in its entirety. No reform, no modification. Throughly riding us of it. It will be our undoing. 

I do normally but in this case this thing like I said has the possibility of destroying us. When Medicare was rolled out it was projected by 2000 that it would only cost us 50 billion a year. Its over 500 billion now. Thats only for a limited amount of people as well. Obamacare will encompass us all and it has real potential to be a 100% of budget devourer. 

Medical are is inherently expensive. This notion that now 50 million to a unlimited number can get it for free will destroy us economically. The idea that 50 million people will cost us nothing when Medicare costs a fortune to administer is so stupid its immoral to suggest it. 

13. 2 wars, corporate control of the state and the economy, trillion dollar bailout, an evaporating middle class, high unemployment, and we are, of course, preparing for war with Iran, and fucking Obamacare is the end of the world?

Obamacare is why you would vote for the nakedly fascist GOP?

What the fuck?

14. So is that what the differance is? The GOP is nakedly fascist while the Dems are openly fascist?

The only good fascist is a dead fascist(one of the few groups of ppl I have little tolerance for).

15. No, the Democratic party is not what I would call an openly fascist party. Fascist, yes, but they at least have the decency to lie about it.

I don't support Obamacare and didn't vote for Obama in the election but the idea that a rather mediocre healthcare reform bill is such a major issue (unlike, say, the "defense industry," the War on Drugs, the by-the-head prison for profit industry, droning children overseas, and the surveillance state) that you'd vote for a party that wears its platform of war, theocracy, and corporate control of the state on its sleeve.