Demon Souls or DSII?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by SirLockHolmes, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Which one should I buy?

The ps3 store offers dark souls 2 for $60 which I was excited to see because I've heard so much craze about the game. But next to it I see Demon Souls available for only ELEVEN DOLLARS!

I'm not getting both. But I'd be happy to save $50 if Demon Souls is a good game.

What do the dark souls veterans think? I know DS2 hasn't been out that long so you can't judge it very well but i'd like to know your opinions.

2. pick up demon souls if you want to save money or dark souls if your into the hype.. either way you WILL rage. the game is made to test your patience.

3. Demon's Souls is the best in the whole series, Dark Souls is like a cheap soulless imitation of Demon's Souls.

4. Demon Souls is probably the hardest, but Dark Souls 1 and 2 feel a bit more refined. You will probably find a little bit more online play from Dark Souls 2, but Demon Souls is still going strong. Pick up Demon Souls and then down the road maybe get Dark Souls 2 if you really enjoy it.

I went with demon souls and am very happy with my choice. I've only had a few challenges so far and I think i'm about to fight my first real boss. Which means I'm about to hate this game :devious:

Quick question though if you don't mind? Where do you level up and become a human again? I've gotten to the point where you meet the first blacksmith and all that and I figured it would have been there but I couldn't find anything  :confused:

Killing a boss will turn you back into human form, and I believe you will eventually find some items that you can use to go back in human form.

7. Ok sweet hopefully that comes up soon. And what about leveling up? I played a lot of dark souls so I don't know what to do since there's no bonfire to level up at  :confused_2:

You can only start to level up after you defeat the boss of level 1-1, and you level up in the Nexus from the Maiden in Black.

9. Thanks man. Wish me luck!  :smoke:

10. You should have went with DaS2. DeS is outstanding however I recommend you get DaS2 to play while it's in its online prime. DaS2 feels a lot more like DeS to me than DaS1.