Demon bug..

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mantikore, Jun 26, 2012.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwQSkzuj9xA"]Unknown insect.. - YouTube[/ame]

This is a weird insect. It tried to bite, but the pain feels more like a chemical burn. I saw these things last summer too. One was crawling across my hand and burning as it went. Left a trail of real dots where it burnt me. I think it's jaws have the chemical on them.

But anyway, I saw another this summer and made a video. They like to come out when it's humid from my past 2 experiences. I put my finger down close to it and it made a line right for my finger. It's like it got a whiff of something it likes. Let him crawl up and then watched as it tried to bite me. The burning sensation was pretty strong actually, burnt for close to 2 hours afterwards. I had red dots for 3-4 days after too from where it was trying to bite.

Anyone able to identify it?

Also, I just watched it for the first time after Youtube fixed the shakiness of the video.. :eek:

2. Damn. I don't know many people who.go around letting strange insects bite them

3. How else would I figure out what happens? :D

I figured the shit that comes off them didn't kill me last year, so hopefully it wouldn't kill me this year, and I was right. It was pretty crazy them amount of pain that came from a little touch. Well in the video it was a lot of touch I guess, but from my past experience too.

4. The pincers on that thing were around 1 5th to 1 4th its size man.I don't know what kind of bug it is though.Not one I want on me though that's for sure.

I've seen two strange spiders.One was orange,not the copper colored spiders either.This one was like a crayon.It had a grey butt.I think I seen the female/male equivilant too.It had the same grey spotchy back with dots on it but the body was all sorts of colors.

Damn bugs man.If you grow food or weed bugs can be a real pain in the grass.

5. For science! :p

6. how can you tell if its a girl?

also, awesome dedication to knowledge OP, fuck letting bugs gnaw on me.

7. Just imagine if insects mutated to become giants, we'd seriously all be fucked..

I'd run for my life if I ever saw a 10 foot demon bug coming at me

8. This is the larva of a Lacewing.

They have a notorious habit of biting people, we apparently taste like aphids to them. o_O

9. [quote name='"smokehound"']This is the larva of a Lacewing.

They have a notorious habit of biting people, we apparently taste like aphids to them. o_O[/quote]

Sweet, nice find!

10. #10 Jamaican Hotbox, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"dishin reg"']Just imagine if insects mutated to become giants, we'd seriously all be fucked..

I'd run for my life if I ever saw a 10 foot demon bug coming at me[/quote]

Dude we have tanks.

Plus I would fuck some bugs up.

Come at me bros.

11. I hate bugs.

Nice camera by the way.

12. Giant ants would saw your puny tanks to pieces :D

13. [quote name='"dishin reg"']

Giant ants would saw your puny tanks to pieces :D[/quote]

Hand to hand combat mother fuckers. Wipe out my buck knife and fuck up a centipede.

14. I was uploading a video of another similar insect and forgot I made a second one of this guy. I knocked it off my hand and onto my knee so I could record better, but he didn't really want to do anything after that..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tM9D4j_pU]Lacewing larva - YouTube[/ame]

And this is the other bug. Not too sure what it is..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY9a94lkJj4]Some type of nymph. - YouTube[/ame]

15. post a jackass stunt of it biting your nipple or something

16. [quote name='"GanjaGuru92"']post a jackass stunt of it biting your nipple or something[/quote]

You just want to see my nipple..