Democrats: Who can unseat Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Ok dude just settle down now. We'll both see this November and 2020 right? You'll hang around till then? I hope so.

2. I’m settled man. No reason to get upset. I’m confident in a smooth victory this November, and again in 2020. Though I would like to see some cooperation and a move to the center on some issues. I think president trump has shown his ability to be more centered recently, and hopefully congress will follow suit but I doubt it. They are the real problem with our government, but how do you get these old rich bastards to vote for term limits and subsequently put themselves out of work

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why is Bernie Sanders in a dress?

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. #25 Green Wizard, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Smooth victory for Republicans? No way Jose'.

What issues exactly stand out in the center for you? The center for me is more status quo/corporate run government. You think people supported Trump because he's a centrist? Well, he didn't campaign as one. But we all know who he rubs shoulders with.

[​IMG]

Want real change? Check the platform and join the revolution: Justice Democrats: Democrats that Represent the People

5. I wonder if the next Democrat that loses to Trump will write a book about how they lost again?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Haha. See post #25.

7. Birds of a feather...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ^^^^ Looks like a bunch of "centrists". lol

9. Median income has raised, although not substantially. It’s a start in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The stats are referring to real wages, which is wages adjusted for inflation. Median income as well as average income have risen over the past two years (as well as last thirty years) but either not enough or barely just enough to keep up with inflation. A nominal wage increase doesn’t do the average worker any good when their purchasing power remains stagnant or actually decrease due to inflation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thats the problem, most decent people think better than to run in the shit show.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Nevermind

13. #34 GorillaGherkin, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Himself! Just give it time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. @NorseMythology Apropos our disagreement on the intelligence, I didn't like what I saw here. Consider my stance slightly shifted in your direction.

Was that successful in the last election, or was he sorely underestimated? What makes you confident that doing nothing is the best strategy to victory?
    I put forward that it's a far superior strategy to begin the hunt for a viable contender. If he's so easy to smash aside, or will do so himself, then wouldn't it be nice to begin now in picking who we want to take his place?

I haven't seen you around the politics forums much (hello! :smokin:). I don't know you well enough yet to know if this is sarcasm or not, so forgive my response if it misses the mark.

I laughed, but mirthlessly. With a straight face, I think The Rock could be a serious contender, or, at the very least, that he has some qualities that we would want in the person running against Trump:

He is the epitome of the amiable (likeable), trustworthy kind of charisma, massively popular, and in a culture where any form of success is conflated with broad competence, he can be understood as 'smart'. Or, at least, capable.

Sure, yes. History of altruistic nature was a very good line. Yet, to much of the rest, you're describing another Trump, as I read it here. You don't like Trump, so he's not a real businessman, he's not a real populist, he's not really charismatic, etc. However, those who put Trump in power see him as exactly that, and will vote for what you described as they see it.

Looking to maximize agreement, and minimize disagreement, do we agree that an 'insider' style suit n' tie n' personal PR management-coached politician is not the way to go? An 'untouched' person from the citizen class, yes?

Secondly, do we agree that someone from the far left is less likely to win nationally than a left-of-center candidate?

(not responding to your post Soil2coco, just using it)

My dear American comrades, this is a solid formulation of what you're up against in two years. It's not a small hill to climb, given the current state of the left. The centrists must be swung in our favor.

@nativetongues @ICGreen As left-wing demonstrants of some flexibility and reason, what do you say? Any viable candidates to unseat the Trump? If nothing else, what list of attributes would be desirable as a counter to Trump?
    I wish to discuss the longer-term 2024 options, too. Considering that Trump may well win in 2020, something I don't think you two are discounting (and certainly not if he's left to his own devices unchallenged by a worthy opponent), I think there is a way to really stabilize the left by the 2024 election. Enough for one post tho, more interested in hearing your suggestions or thoughts. Preferably with ruthlessly stoic strategy in mind
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TLDR: We can't afford to risk another Clinton-style 'basket of deplorables' contender, satisfying as it may be to our dislike of Trump. We must be prudent and self-critical, rather than arrogant and spiteful, in the upcoming battle.

• Like Like x 2
  15. YOu are right, the inflation that Obama put into motion has thus far outweighed any wage increase. However, Trump has made higher wage increases in less than two years, than Obama did in eight. Thanks for pointing that out.

16. A trump supporter who thinks he knows economics. Jeez.

https://learn.stashinvest.com/gdp-inflation-unemployment-by-presidents

17. #38 Bulldog11, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    The reason for low inflation during Obama was because it would have destroyed his stagnant and fragile economy. Read the very papers that the Federal reserve wrote on this matter...... Or just blame Trump guys for not understanding as you post lame articles with no context. Look to the person who actually controls inflation, and why they did it........

For more evidence of this, ask and find out why during Reagan his economy was off the charts, yet inflation was about double what it is today..... Learn history, find out why that was..... What other influences caused that, and maybe even look into the economy before him.... It's very enlightening....

18. He’s just there for 4-8 years to make a few ppl rich and get a few off shore accounts filled. I’m just a soc security # made to believe I make a difference in a corrupt country.
    I don’t really do the whole political thread thing but I do vote and do a lot of research of what’s goin on n the world.

19. @VikingToker said:

"Looking to maximize agreement, and minimize disagreement, do we agree that an 'insider' style suit n' tie n' personal PR management-coached politician is not the way to go? An 'untouched' person from the citizen class, yes?

Secondly, do we agree that someone from the far left is less likely to win nationally than a left-of-center candidate?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds reasonable.

• Like Like x 1