Democrats on GC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tray Dub, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Are there any (other than me)?

2. Do you read these forums? haha Have you seen the poll?

3. I don't think you will have trouble finding friends on here, lol.

4. I wasn't aware of a poll. And yeah, I know there's a few. But it feels like every thread is me vs. 3 or 4 hardcore republicans.

5. Go to Presidential election forum and look at Obama vs. McCain

6. Where were you last week when i was pummeled by 4 or 5 hard core liberals. Thats just the way it is sometimes but there are by far more liberals here.

7. I am not a democrat, but am forced to vote democrat, due to the fact I can't vote for Dr. Evil.

Ever notice how Stoned Budda and Deutschbag are always piggy-backing each other in these threads?
    I think it's LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Of course they could be the same person. . .:confused:
    Either way, I think it's LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Silly, you know your my only love;)

PS: They can eliminate the same person theory very easily.

9. Tray, note that your first 2 responders were not democrats?
    Wonder why that is?
    They seem so bloodthirsty for any chance to debase and demean anyone who is unlike themselves.
    You'd think they had an agenda to push, that they have some vested interest in lambasting people, with very little provocation needed.
    One could easily get the idea they were trolls.
    Watch, any moment now they'll claim we're about to snap, that we're having some kind of nervous breakdown, that we're ranting and raving like lunatics.
    They'll tend to accuse us of what they themselves are experiencing. It's and old tactic used to undermine your opponents. It's used on Fox News a lot, and was used in Nazi Germany, as well.

10. I'm very demeaning in this thread and for that I apologize.

I swear I wouldn't have a life if you democrats didn't exist.:confused_2:

11. +1 Dem here

12. I'm a dem but I'm not an apologist for them. I'll call them out when I think they're wrong but generally I support them.

13. What is an "internet pummeling"?

Is that when people use words you have to look up in the dictionary?

Or when your weak position is only supportable by bully tactics? Or saying some one in another state, or country, that you can't see, is having a breakdown?

And if we can get on the subject for a minute, the word 'Liberal" is actually a compliment, implying the presence of a forward-thinking progressive, yet you seem to use it as an insult?

Why is calling someone a "liberal' an insult to you? Bill O'Reilly Syndrome?

I drive past the Liberal Arts College everyday, I never see any Conservative arts colleges...or is that what those so-called bible colleges are?

Liberal=forward Conservative=Backward

Oh, tray, sorry to poop in your thread... I'm an Obama supporter, so I can be here, Right?

14. I am not hardcore conservative...I just fucking hate liberals.

Hell, all politicians are scum. It is like Al Gore preaching about the ecosystem when his own humble abode uses more electricity and power than all the rest of the houses in his subdivision combined. Funny Al Gore.

15. Except that Al Gore is not running for anything to my knowledge.

And he did get more votes than Bush.

It amazes me how often people who claim not to be hardcore cons, will follow up that assertion with the phrase " I Just Fucking Hate..." and then pencil in whatever negative channel they wish to vent against.

That's a nice slogan though, isn't it?

" I'll Vote For McCain 2008,
    Why? I Just Fucking Hate!"

Feel free to put that out as a bumper sticker, its on me!:D

16. Republicans have successfully managed to turn the word into that of a pejorative term.

17. Well this is a political forum, so no, liberal refers to the expansion of government powers and enforcing equality among man. Coercion at gunpoint is not forward thinking...

18. #18 Perpetual Burn, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  19. Ah yes, this reminds me of the classic story of the "Ant and the Grasshopper".

The Original Version

The ant busts his ass in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter so he dies out in the cold.

The New Liberal Version

It starts out the same but when winter comes the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC, and ABC show up and show pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to film of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can it be, in a country of such wealth that this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Then a representative of the NAAGB (The National Association of Green Bugs) shows up on CNN and charges the ant with "Green Bias" and makes the case that the grasshopper is the victim of 30 million years of greenism. Kermit the frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when he sings "It's Not Easy Being Green."

Obama makes a special guest appearance on the CNN and tells a concerned Campbell Brown, that he will do everything he can for the grasshopper who has been denied the prosperity he deserves by those who benefited unfairly during the summer, or as Obama refers to it, the "Temperatures Of The 80's".

Finally the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Greenism Act" RECTRO-ACTIVE to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and having nothing left to pay his Retro-Active taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.
    The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he's in....which just happens to be the ant's old house.... crumbles around him since he doesn't know how to maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. And on the TV; which the grasshopper bought by selling most of the ant's food, Obama is standing before a wildly applauding group of Democrats announcing that a new era of "Fairness" and "change" has dawned in America.

20. What you have to realize is that some people cannot work and the government will not give them aid. They can't work because they have too many health problems. The government will not give them aid because they have too many health problems. It's really a sad situation.