Democrats finally getting religion on religion?

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Any thoughts? :) Is he right to say that Christian/Jewish faithfuls wouldn't support the Democrats if they won't reconsider their semi-automatic stances on abortion and gay marriage?

2. The most dangerous group in the US today is the Christian Right (America's Taliban). What has happened to separation of church and state? There are many things that should be taken into account when making decisions in national affairs, superstition should not be one of them. Religious fundamentalism of all stripes is the main cause of strife in the world today. At a time when knowledge is expanding, fundamentalism still exists, a threat to humanity, an insult to intelligence and an affront to decency. Wake up Americans - experience has taught me that those with a Bible or other so-called holy book in one hand usually have something else in the other, ready to put it to you at the first opportunity.

3. I want a president that is semi-religious...

But doesn't wear his religion as a badge on his arm 24/7. *Cough* bush *cough*

my 2 cents.

4. Couldnt of said it better myself.

5. Yup

Religion is a seriously dangerous thing.

6. Is absolutism as well?

7. A lot of things are scary.

But whats mainly scary about Christianity is that it is so perverse. Despite the fact that any simple research can show how made up it is, people still believe it. Not only that, but it intrudes into our government, and people who don't buy into the religious bullshit then have to deal with laws that the religious impose on us.

I mean denying that church and state are very well intertwined would be a seriously ignorant remark to make. And it definitely scares me that laws are made with religious intent in mind, and that will never change.

If you honestly need an example to make that any clearer, then heres two words for you.

John Ashcroft.

I just wonder when people will one day wakeup and realize that Christianity continuously tramples all over everyone else's rights. But that will never happen, because all Christians think they are above everyone else.

8. Would you like for me to name you a crazy atheist lol so I can attempt to discredit all of atheism in a really ridiculous way?

Wow, this forum has so many anti-Christians....

9. exactly what part of my post wasn't true?

?

oh thats right you'd rather just make some offensive mark that actually DEBATE the issue.

10. What offended you exactly? I'm sorry about it whatever it was... my goal is never to be offensive.

11. Still dodging the issue? How nixon of you :hello:

12. To try to stear this back on topic:

I think it's a good idea that they Presidential Nominees are talking about religion. Most people have pretty strong feelings towards religion, whether they hate it or love it. I'd be interested to hear what the future puppets have to say.