Democrats changing the American flag?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dualified, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I never wear any of that stuff out of respect for the flag, but its not like I'm going to give anyone a hard time for it, its so widespread, and most of the time, when people wear it, its out of patriotism and pride. Plus at least its still the true American flag.

2. No, it's not.

But there are still Americans that would support them, despite the fact that not everyone agrees, hence why it is plural..I never said I was generalizing everybody.

Ok, but would you rather have that or the changing of the flag..?

It's a symbol of our country as well..

3. More importantly, its a symbol of everything we stand for as a country.

4. Everyone saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this because it's a symbol of what our country stands for.... You make no sense.

"That flag stands for America and all our rights! Like freedom of expression! They shouldn't be allowed to do this!" see the problem?

5. I think putting the current presidents face on a flag and then putting it on a flag pole goes too far, no matter which president it is. I don't think freedom of expression really has anything to do with this, if he wanted to, he could have fuckin put it in his window, hell he could have put it on the rear window of his car and I don't give a flying fuck about that.

Its the fact that he ran it up a flagpole.

6. [quote name='"Americandutchyz"']

I think putting the current presidents face on a flag and then putting it on a flag pole goes too far, no matter which president it is. I don't think freedom of expression really has anything to do with this, if he wanted to, he could have fuckin put it in his window, hell he could have put it on the rear window of his car and I don't give a flying fuck about that.

Its the fact that he ran it up a flagpole.[/quote]

No offense but you don't really get to decide how far people's freedom of speech goes. And this absolute has to do with freedom of expression, you can't say people are free to live how they want and then start limiting that freedom for trivial things like a flag.. How does putting it on a flag pole make any difference? Your personal opinion doesn't apply to everyone and that's exactly why we have freedom of expression.

If you can say this lady shouldn't have flown this flag, cant I say that I think gay pride flags are going "too far" and that people shouldn't fly them??

7. No offense taken. I agree that I don't get to decide that, I'm only voicing my opinion.

A gay pride flag and an American flag are not comparable. Have people laid down their lives for the gay pride flag? The United States flag deserves respect for what it stands for and how much has been sacrificed for it, thats why I don't think its an issue of freedom of speech, its an issue of respect. Thats my view on the matter.

8. the reactions here are insane rambling mostly. the flag doesnt represent ANYTHING i want to be a part of, so imo WHO CARES???????????????

this is media taking some little pissy thing that doesnt amount to shit and trying to use it to sell advertising time. it was one person displaying their feelings for obama. big deal.

nationalism is counter-productive in the 1st place.

9. #49 Dualified, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    Exactly, and I'm not going against freedom of speech here...I just think it's really disrespectful to desecrate the flag of this country like that. Other flags can be flown sure...but this rendition of the American flag? Come on...I think it's pretty fucked up, it's so similar to an Authoritarian portrait, IMO..

I'm proud of being Nationalist really. Our country was founded on principles that shaped a change of the Western world. If it doesn't represent anything you want to be a part of, you must not like your free speech, or rather, any of the freedoms you take for granted on a day to day basis.

But let me make this clear, I am not trying to put America on a pedestal...I'm simply saying I'm proud of our flag and don't want it to be changed around like this. I know this country is FUCKED UP to the fullest extent of those words, but can't we save what this country represents? A symbol of hope?

10. That bastard replaces the fifty stars?

Fuck that shit.

I'd burn that square to ashes and leave the stripes. No one man replaces anything on my country's flag. This is a democracy. For the people, by the fucking people. Obama is not my leader. He never will be.

Obama sucks dick as a President. He doesn't deserve any amount of respect from anyone. Mr. NDAA, let's invade Uganda prick.

Le sigh...

11. People whining cause others aren't using their freedom in a way that's acceptable to them is all this amounts to. Whinebags. 'bleh bleh bleh we fought for freedom and now people are using it'

12. So you're telling me you don't care the president puts his face on our flag? (even though he wasn't directly responsible in this instance) Look, if he had a flag of just his face, by itself, that's different. The fact that he takes the look of our flag and replaces the 50 stars of our states with his face should be saying something to you...at least in the form of the way this country is changing. Does that not upset you?

13. Exactly, another good point. Its another sign of how this country is changing for the worse.

14. #54 ManiacalPope, Mar 15, 2012
    Like you just said he wasn't directly responsible. All of this is nonsense. You pretty much just said 'he didn't do this, why arent you mad he did this?'

15. #55 Dualified, Mar 15, 2012
    Do you not understand what I wrote? It's changing the symbol of this country that I'm mad at, even though he didn't do it directly, and I never said "why aren't you mad he did this?" I was saying does it upset you that the flag of the country is being changed? I didn't mention Obama having direct involvement at all, even though I don't like the guy. When I said:

I'm being hypothetical here. I probably should have cleared that up.

16. Actually a lot less worse than someone purchasing a pack of "flag" napkins, wiping the greasy chicken juice off their face and tossing it in the trash (hopeully not on the ground like so many lazy bastards do). :rolleyes:

17. They shouldn't have altered the flag, esp if it was represented for a veterans rally/function. Super lame idea.

That doesn't change the fact though - we have dictatorial leaders, we are bogged down in several wars, we're losing our rights, pot heads are deemed criminals, we're $15 trillion in debt; and we spend our waking hours worrying about fluff news stories like this, or Rush Limbaugh calling someone who wants free birth control a whore :rolleyes:

Come on America! As a Country, we need to grow the fuck up. The general public is the reason this nation is screwed; if their priorities weren't upside down and backwards, the Country wouldn't be either :smoking:

18. I agree with the post above; we live in a mostly slacktivist society now.