Democratic debate tonight

Discussion in 'General' started by PurpOwl, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Anyone else going to watch it?

2. I am but I'm a political junkie :p

3. Hell yeah. what time does it start?

4. Effektz do you think Hillary will go negative tonight since she has lost the last 11 contests? It will be interesting to see if they decide to mix it up, or if they keep it like the California debate and play nice.

5. 8 eastern

6. I'm going to watch it but for the life of me I can't figure out why pundits think she can begin to pull herself out of the hole with only two debates left? There have already been eighteen and she hasn't managed to win people over with those, so what's two more going to do? The fact is the Clinton campaign has been outdone at every turn by Mr. Obama.

It should be interesting anyway.

7. It won't be like the California debate I promise lol. Hillary has a problem, go negative and risk the blowback, but then again what else can she do. She can't out-debate or out-speak Obama.

That being said, I do believe she will be harsh, and on the line of being negative. But even if Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, I don't see her winning by a big enough margin to overcome Obama's lead.

8. It's funny... Clinton keeps insisting that they do more debates since she has lost all of them and thinks she has a chance of turning it around. Obama was originally opposed to the idea of doing more since he felt there was really nothing else to debate about. He made his points, people liked them, and Clinton is looking worse and worse. But he gives her the benefit of the doubt and decides to do more.... with every debate, she's just digging herself a deeper and deeper hole, so why not?

Clinton was originally expected to win Texas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania no problem... they're the only three major states left, and Obama is basically dead even in those states' polls now. He's either going to win the nomination, or it's going to be a brokered convention because it's too close. In that case, I fear for what might happen... Clinton has more super delegates at this point, and it really doesn't seem fair that the people can't decide their own candidate.

9. Yeah I'll be tuning in. Should start in about 10 minutes

10. Texas is an interesting state right now especially after Obama tapped into her core voters in Wisconsin. She has had the Latino vote so far in this election and with such a big percent of Texas being Latino it will be a tuff state. Lets hope that he can win either Texas or Ohio so it doesn't come down to the super delegates deciding it at the convention.

But yeah it should be fun to watch tonight :hello:

11. Did I miss something? This is suppose to be on MSNBC at 8:00PM EST, Correct? I only heard Christ Matthews say it was tonight, but the only thing I can find is 8:30 EST next Tuesday :(

12. CNN 8 eastern =)

13. She thinks that debates are her stronger suit and she has a point, but she'd even have a bigger point if that's what people were looking for. Both candidates have very detailed policy positions and logical solutions to America's ills but Mrs. Clinton is running against hope. And when you tell the American people that hope is only so many smoke and mirrors when hope is really all that they're looking for, you run into a solid brick wall. Mr. Obama happens to be one of those candidates it's almost impossible to run against, it's just her bad luck that it happened to be her.

She was expected to win Texas and Ohio but Mr. Obama is eroding her base/core constituency which makes the likelihood of her winning the states more remote. Polls had her ahead but I think the Democrats are ready to have a nominee already and most think Mr. Obama would fair better against John McCain than she would. IMHO I think she'll drop out of the race after March 4th and spare the Democratic Party the messy confusion of a brokered convention.