Delta 8 THC

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Burrito Wizard, Jan 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. #1 Burrito Wizard, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Delta 8 THC is a similar but different cannabinoid than Delta 9 THC (or commonly, just "THC"). When acquired using hemp and not exceeding 0.3% Delta 9, it's federally legal under the farm bill. Although supposedly illegal at the state level in a few states. The effects are not identical to normal weed but it does get you high. A big reported benefit is the lack of anxiety/paranoia.

You can legally buy carts from reputable brands (there are many non reputable ones out there too so watch out!) or edibles (which from what I hear are closer to a delta 9 edible than smoking) today in most states. Isolating different cannabinoids such as delta 8 is probably going to be a big part of the future of the cannabis industry.

What Is Delta-8-THC and How Is It Different from Delta-9? | Leafly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. For sure. One day it will Landrace from the rockies to Appalachians.

• Like Like x 1
  3. D8 definitely has a high demand right now. I’m seeing a lot of growers spray their cbd hemp flower with it to give an extra kick.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. It has indeed. Hell, this shit went under my radar until I saw a rolling stone article pop up on my chrome recommended articles. The spraying is something I've heard to generally stay away from however and stick to carts with real lab results or edibles. The reason being with the spraying on flower is that solvents I believe, or possibly some other things you definitely don't want to ingest being present very commonly there. For whatever reason it's much harder to remove the bad stuff in those sprays.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Been using it since around May of last year. Great stuff! I like to make my own mixtures with other cannabinoids llike CBN or CBG, and CBD of course. I love it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Damn what happened earlier in the thread? (Deleted messages) Hopefully none of that salt some people strangely seem to have towards something that at worst doesn't affect them and at best moves forward the potential of cannabis products we'll see in the future. If you try it and don't like it then don't use it. I've been vaping on some and it's pretty good and has pros and cons vs delta 9/normal weed. I still prefer normal delta 9 but 8 is interesting and depending on the time or place has has a role.

For people who don't have legal access to dispensaries it also offers the safest way to buy carts if you buy from a reputable brand with lab results vs buying carts on the street.

7. #8 DaPhats, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Just a spammer. We don't take kindly to them round here. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ah ok best case scenario then lol. (Not good that theres spammers but they're invariable here it seems)

• Like Like x 2
  9. So after about a week of using delta 8 pretty regularly my opinion on it basically sits as it's not as good as delta 9 but it does have it's benefits and is pretty good. And the fact that it's legal is hilarious because it does get you stoned. I'd say overall if you want something you can smoke and get shit done more easily d8 will allow u to do a better job with that vs d9 but you could also just smoke less d9. Just the d8 is generally more clear headed I'd say. But when you want to truly get stoned d9 is still the king.

10. My state just stopped tripping over their collective dicks and made legalization official here in NJ. However we are probably 18-24 months away from seeing enough retail places open. I usually make a pilgrimage to MA a couple times of year to stock up but between covid and the weather haven't made it up there.

In the meantime I gave Delta 8 a try since it's legal to order online here. Tried the 3Chi carts. Smoking one now in fact. It will get you high. Not as potent as actual normal weed but it will do the trick. It's good for social anxiety or to sleep. Holy hell did it give me the munchies at first. Leaves you a little more daytime functional and it doesn't crash you out as much. Some of their flavors with natural terps added taste ok. The main draw back is it is so HARSH. It is rough on your throat, especially if your tolerance is high and you smoke a little more suggested. The gummies just made me a little sleepy but to be honest edibles never had much effect on me.

These aren't a bad alternative for anyone seeking something a little lighter, but yet effective, as regular weed. Especially if legal weed isn't available.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I also got a couple from 3 chi. Both are almost gone now. The "strains" are really just flavors and don't have any difference in effect. I guess that's how it is with all carts, pretty sure normal thc carts too. If you have a variable voltage battery you may want to turn down the volts or get one that lets you. I found like 2.5 or 2.7 to be much less harsh than the more or less recommended (from what I read) 3.2 volts.

• Like Like x 1

12. Yeah I don't think their "stains" are based on actual strains or there is much difference between the "sativa" and "indica" but I've found the ones marked "CDT" (Cannabis derived terps) do taste a little better. I've had to use my lowest setting to cut down on the harshness. It is good for daytime use and I've never experienced couch lock. Pretty much wears off after two hours without making you crashed. I probably will keep a cart or two around for daytime use even when I do finally reup with real weed. I wonder how it effect your tolerance overall?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wow I just got a little insight into the cross tolerance between delta 8 and regular weed. I've been vaping the D8 since last November and have not had any regular weed. Over the weekend, while doing some cleaning, I came across an old regular weed cart with a little Brownie Scout still left in it. Yup hit me as if I hadn't been smoking anything since November and hard. The D8 didn't seem to beef up any tolerance which is weird because I do get high from it although it's not as strong.

14. #15 BLACKCAT66, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2021
    Huh?

15. #16 emilyjason, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
    You are Just Like a BlackCat seeing every single comment to highlight the Scammers Huh It's Crazy Man

16. No I just truly didn't know what they were trying to say.

17. #18 emilyjason, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
    They are Like to Get the Link from this Pure and Quality Website. That's Why they stuff the keywords without seeing the post

18. Been doing Delta-8 gummies for over a month now. I didn't really expect to feel a buzz, and didn't notice anything different. That's not knocking it, my normal weed consumption is high enough that it would take something strong to over ride that. I have noticed that I have started, and finished more things(chores,projects,tasks,whatever) than I normally do. By quite a noticeable amount. Nothing like caffeine or speed at all. I just seem to get more things done. The best way that I can describe it is that it is the opposite of couch lock, sorta. Maybe it enhances the Sativa aspect of the weed that I normally consume? Is it a placebo effect? I mentioned it to the gal who owns the vape store where I bought mine and she told me that I'm like the third person to tell her the same thing.
    On a side note I'm that weird guy that can't get high off of edibles, at least so far. Had up to 700-900 mg edibles multiple times and nada, maybe helped me sleep. I haven't made a batch of BnW's Hash capsules yet though. I have high hopes for that. Have everything I need except enough kief/bubble hash, but this harvests trim will fix that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. You're not alone, I rarely get more than just a little sleepy with most edibles. I have a high tolerance however I did toss back 1000 mg worth of nerd gummy rope once and got super high, like freaked out high. My first thought was"well you finally did it dumb ass, happy?". Didn't last long before it evened out to a more manageable high. There is a video you can watch on U-tube is you over indulge and are freaked out. It has a chill middle aged woman who gives off a favorite aunt vibe talk you down and give good suggestions for about 5 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1