delsym?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Colonel Chiefin, Feb 28, 2009.

1. I couldn't get coughgels so I got 3 bottles of delsym and it says it contains dextromethorphan polistirex, is this safe to drink? And what's the difference between DXM and DXM Polistirex? Me and by friend will prolly drink a bottle each.

Thanks!

2. #2 particle0, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
  3. Yeah the dxm poli, is just basically extended release dxm meant to keep you not coughing for longer then reg cough syrup, safe to take, just make sure to keep it down, I hate the taste of delsym.

4. DXM is evil.

5. why do you say that?

6. How long will it last then? And how long will it take to kick in?

7. go to erowid

8. no I meant since it has that polistirex stuff in it will it take longer?

9. it might take a little longet to hit you. i have only done dxm twice with dxm hbr cough gels and it took about and hour to hit me it might take a little longer to hit you (not much longer ) but it will last longer 4-8 hours maybe im not an expert check out the site i told you it will help you.

10. Speak for yourself. I love the stuff. But Delsym is no good unless you do an extraction. I got horrible nausea from that.

11. 2 dxm trips and i had fun :D just dont do it offten.

12. rofl i was at the store today, was planing to buy the big bottle of delsym, but i wasn't sure if this was safe so i didnt' get it. I got zicam cough spray instead.

13. Delsym is fine. Besides being really expensive, it takes noticeably longer to kick in and is 2x more expensive. Those are my only concerns.

14. You sir are the true demon.

15. It's a waste. I drank an entire bottle of Delsym and I didn't get any effects, whether that was just me or not I wouldn't know, but i would recommend getting some gel caps or regular old yummy Robo.

16. a 3 oz UNprepared botle of delsym will not suffice for most dex'ers as its contents will be released slowly over the next few hours.

Do a simple cold water extraction (only works with delsym) and have near pure dxm powder that you can put into capsules or parachute (mix it with pop or somthing acidic)

BEWARE however that a 3oz bottle of delsym AFTER extraction is approx 530 mg and when ingested at once may be too much for an average user. Do the math and figure out how much you took on average with gelcaps and what not.

happy trippin

17. performing an extraction with delsym yields dxm polistirex which means dxm with a time release coating. i've attempted to dissolve the coating in lemon juice but i still have my doubts as to whether or not it made any difference in the onset because it still took about 3 hours for me to notice any effects and the experience itself lasted much longer but with less intensity.

i'm not quite sure i understand what you mean when you say that a 3oz bottle of unprepared delsym will not suffice for most users whereas the yield of an extraction from a 3oz bottle of delsym may be too much.