Delsym-need help from dxm veterans!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ON THE DL, Jul 8, 2009.

1. can i use delsym to get a dxm trip?

is dextromethorphan polistirex the same as dxm?

it says each teaspoon has dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide.

can it be used recreationally +rep to those who help

this is what the bottle looks like...
    [​IMG]

2. i had the same question actually, because i saw a bottle of deslym at the grocery store and i looked on the back and that was the only ingredient in it. it is strictly a cough suppressant

3. yes it can be used recreationally. i am pretty sure it will last longer. base your dose on the "DXM HBR" equivalent.

4. i would prolly w8 for a few more members to chime in before dosing up on this shit. delsym has been around for a while and i doubt their pure dxm concoction is anything new, and considering it isnt discussed very often in here - im assuming there may be something wrong w/ it

5. #5 Infyrno, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    You can trip, but the polistirex causes the dxm to be released at a slower pace over a longer time, so you would have a longer trip than regular cough syrup, but it wouldn't be quite as intense.

My personal preference is to separate the dxm powder from the syrup (I can't think of the "scientific" word for it.) and eat\drink that. The best method I have found to do this is as follows:

Materials:
    2 bottles of delsym cough syrup
    1 2-liter bottle or a gallon milk jug
    1 razor, scissors will work, but it will be messier
    A good bit of time to spare

Directions:
    1. Empty the bottle or jug and rinse it out

2. Dump both bottles of delsym into the bottle or jug

3. Fill it with room temperature water about 1-2 inches from the top

4. Put the top on (duh) and shake well to mix the syrup evenly with the water.

5. Let the bottle sit still for about 2 hours (the longer you leave it out, the more the powder will separate, to a point of course).

6. When it has separated to your liking, begin making horizontal slits in the bottle starting from the top and moving down to drain the water.

7. When you get close enough to the bottom of the bottle, completely separate the bottom of the bottle from the rest. At this point you can either stop cutting, or try to pour some more out, but you may lose a bit of dxm.

8. At this point you can: a) eat the sludge (I personally haven't) or b) let the sludge sit out and dry(putting it directly under a lamp speeds this up significantly).

9. When the powder dries, pour\scrape it out and cut it up with the razor (more surface area = less time for your stomach to dissolve the polistirex coating).

10. Yet again, you are faced with a choice: a) eat the powder as is or b) mix it with lemon juice to dissolve the coating then drink that (still make me gag thinking about it) or mix it with a drink of some sort.

I hope that makes sense, I got the idea from GlopiPop's thread a long time ago http://forum.grasscity.com/pandoras-box/339523-my-dxm-extraction-pics.html so props to him! The second link in his post might be a better guide if mine confuses you. If you have any questions, just ask.

6. i just looked it up. apparently it is heavily abused but its time released, so do what the guy above said and you should be rockin, lol

7. Try getting [​IMG]

Hits hard and fast contains about 394 mg of DXM HBr
    or
    [​IMG]
    The 4oz contains about 354mg DXM HBr
    The 8oz contains about 708mg DXM
    HBr

8 ounce is about $8.99
    4 ounce is about $5.99

And a calculator to calculate how many MG you need to take to reach a certian plateau
    Is available here: Dosage Calculator

8. Yes you can use that.. but you want to extract it by mixing it in a water bottle or a 2 litter..
    mix with water.. half way..
    let sit for 2 hours is good enought time
    get a razor an cut the bottle to drain the liquid
    there will be clumps of mush at the bottem thats PURE DXM
    drain it till you just have the slush.. DONT MIX IT OR SIR IT!
    if you want to trip right when you get the DXM PURE then i suggest gettin lemon juice and mixin just the slush with the lemon juice to desolve the Politexri witch is Plastic in Smart terms lol
    the acid from lemon juice will disolve the plastic so now you have pure DXM.. if you dont use the lemon juice.. then youll have a weak trip that will last bout 12 hours since its extended release. n if you do then youll tripp hard.. good luck have fun be safe
    easyer ifyou get zicam cough max like the guy before me said..

9. Delsym sucks as far as Im concerned. Take it normally and its a less powerful but longer lasting frustrating trip. Extract it, which will basically just seperate the plastic bubbles of DXM from the liquoids. Now whats left is a mush of dxm still in its plastic shell. To get rid of that shell and remove the time release effect for a stronger more normal lasting trip, add some lemon juice to that BUT IT WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TO BE FOR 1-2 HOURS, sitting in lemon juice, stirring occassionally to let the lemon juice digest the shell off so your stomach doesnt have to. Should have a quicker come up and cleaner trip with this form of dxm+plastic sludge remains+lemon juice+whatever got left behind.

Overall its an awful lot of work, but it you cannot just chug a little bottle or slam the Zicam shots, then this is your last chance for DIY.

10. ^ its hardly any work at all.

11. Considering you can just buy some tussin and skip that process entirely, it's more effort than it's worth.

12. If you'd rather drink shit loads of sugar and other stuff, go right ahead. I'd rather not feel like shit and have to drink nasty syrup, so I'll easily exract my pure DXM.