Deleted

Discussion in 'General' started by Goodnightmoon, Sep 18, 2018.

1. #1 Goodnightmoon, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Deleted

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Your roommate is having you pick it up so he doesn't get busted if it goes bad. Tell him to pick up his own stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. On another note, you wouldnt get ptsd by doing illegal things for people. You may have ptsd if you were doing something illegally and something went tragically wrong but not by being tricked into doing something.

4. #4 Goodnightmoon, Sep 18, 2018
    I'm going to guess it's not. She is very controlling and making me feel like I'm stupid for thinking it's not.
    I just wanted to be sure, sorry. Second guessing myself, as usual.

People always ask me to do things that seems suspicious. Then when I try and get out of it because of bad vibes, they make me feel like sh%t, and like I'm stupid and convince me that it's fine. They also guilt me into doing it because I'm really sensitive, and have empathy problems. Then I do the thing and get in trouble, or it goes tragically wrong, as you say.
    Now, anytime anyone asks any favours of ANY kind, I have severe anxiety attacks and worry it's a trick, and am too scared to even do the simplest thing. I also have flashbacks from past events a lot. That sounds like PTSD, to me.
    l didn't think it was legal. Usually you need a card or liscence (I have one myself), but my roommate is arguing with me and trying to belittle me. I just wanted to be sure and have a valid argument back.
    Also just really freaking out again, sorry. That's why I posted.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. #5 Vee, Sep 18, 2018
    This I totally agree with you on this ...ME TOO!

back in the 1970's some jerk bet me $20.00 I couldn't jump over that wall!

Well ..I did give it a shot...but getting back was really hard they kept shooting at me

..how did I know it was the 'Berlin Wall' I never heard of that before

more coming but the ptsd is enuf for now

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. It's all good. You seem to be hard on yourself. You did the right thing to question. She may be controlling and its time to take back some control. She says it's fine to pick it up? If so, have her get it. It's not your product, it's hers. Unless you think she's worth the risk or if you are being compensated well, I'd tell her to go shit in her hat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hey OP, never do something you don't want to do. You're the one that's gonna have to own it. Once you start telling people no, and stick to it, people will learn they cannot use you by your behavior. Do not let people guilt you. Use your conscience and only yours.

It's their shit, and they can go deal with it.

These type of people should be cut from your life, they're like tying an anchor of weights around your ankle and jumping in the ocean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thanks for the encouragement.
    I am getting much better at being assertive and standing up for myself regardless of how they will treat me after.
    It just makes it difficult, because these people are my family. My roommate is my sister... lol.
    I'm hoping to move far away from everyone, after Christmas.
    I regret telling them where to, because now they all want to come, and are taking like we're going to live together. I'm trying to think of a way to say I want to be alone and distant from everyone, without starting a ruckus, and hurting people's feelings. Maybe that's the thing I need to get over...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. She's out of town, so that's why she needs me to pick it up.
    I'm still waiting for her to reply with where she ordered it from, in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would just explain "I don't like when you xyz because it makes me feel uncomfortable." Start speaking up in the moment. It will be a little awkward at first but it will be worth it. You need to speak confidently and with a tone that says I'm serious. :) it will come in time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sounds like ya need a new set of friends

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I need a new family. Lol

13. Me too man mine sucks.

14. OP - I left a big bag of money at the darn bank the other day - silly me right.

Listen, I’m gonna be out of town and will forfeit it if I don’t get it today! Any chance of helping a brother out? No big deal really - just gotta slide a little note to any of the bank tellers. They’ll know what’s up and will give you my bag I left there.

Listen - I’ll pay you well for your time and Get you
    some gas money ok?

Waddya say?

J

• Funny Funny x 1