Delaware officially the 16th state with medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Stillfluffy10, May 13, 2011.

1. #21 pearl75, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011

I'm not saying I agree with the way things are. I'm simply saying that's how it is. It really doesn't matter now what a bunch of suits in wigs thought. They're not running things anymore. We are not running things anymore. Banks are running things. Banks, and the new suits who launder their money with them. No amount of civil disobedience is going to cut through the kind of red tape their money can buy. Sorry.

2. Im a DE too, slower lower beach area.

And im like 90% sure im gonna qualify. Extremely rare swallowing disorder for 16 yrs (Achalasia) - im 22 now, battling weight loss and episodes of extreme nausea and heartburn. Only worry is that I just switched doctors so hopefully he understands.

3. You can still get your records from your old doctor, can't you? Because you'll need those.

4. Ha! Harm...

The only harm you can get from cannabis is the negative consequences from smoking it. And do you really think the patient is so stupid they won't know what's helping make them feel better? :rolleyes:

The idea that you shouldn't be allowed to grow your own is preposterous, and it's exactly what the pharmaceutical companies want. If the pharms can control the medicine, they can set their own price (read: big bucks $$$$$) and manufacture it how they want, nevermind what the patient's needs/wants are.

I'm glad that there's at least some protection for patients in Delaware, but those patients should really be allowed to grow their own if they're able. This medicine is safe and healthy...there's no reason to prohibit others making their own.

5. Actually, I think that if a significant portion of the population actually did stop treating these people as if they had real authority then the civil disobedience could at least push some issues to a head.
    But the kind of numbers we would be putting up at this time would not likely be of much concern to the powers that be(PTB).
    Banks wouldn't think it very amusing if the majority of their customers in america actually made moves to not become the banks customers anymore.
    The people have all the power because the PTB lose out big time if we stop being their happy little consumers.

Of course it is really unlikely that americans will be exercising their true powers any time soon, and so what you said will probably not be proven false.
    But I think that there is an amount of civil disobedience that would affect the PTB, and help effect change in the system, it is just unlikely that we will see it on the necessary scale any time soon.
    Maybe in five years we will be part of a mass revolt against our government, who can say right now? The government in this country is just getting bigger and more obnoxious and it will come to pass sooner or later that this nation will be reformed. Will it be a violent revolt or a rational change wrought by honest, forward-thinking, and compassionate people with politics?
    Probably a violent revolt, if I had to bet.

6. Couldn't have said any of that better myself.
    yes change must happen but I doubt it will ever happen before this governments downfall

7. Way to ruin an otherwise intelligent sounding post by blaming Bush lol.

really???????? Trying to pin this shit on just one guy.... tsk tsk

8. Uh...I think you should read again...she didn't blame anything on Bush. The only part in which she mentioned Bush was:
    That's not Bush blaming, dude.

And I would go even further and say we've been under a fog since at least the Reagan administration, if not longer. With how pervasive the corporate world is in government (they practically run it now), we could call America a fascist country. It's unbelievable.

9. Thank you. Saved me the trouble. :)

10. Just think about it this way. if the government doesn't allow growing, they will make more money. If they make more money, other state governments will see that Delaware is making a lot of money off of it. So they will consider having a medicinal program. Possibly

11. being forced to buy from a dispensary beats not being able to have it legally at all i suppose. that's not to say it issnt total bullshit you cant grow your own, weed could be quite expensive until the day insurance starts pick up part of the tab if all states took this route.

12. Agreed on 2nd paragraph. It goes way beyond one person and much farther back than even Reagan. IF you don't agree, try doing some research before plucking a name out of the air.

I just think it's always funny when somebody on some forum singles out ONE president and blames him for what amounts to 100+ years of shit-cramming. IF this was not the poster's intent, my humblest apologies. IF this WAS the intent, then geez... you really can't see the forest, can you?

Why else even mention Bush?

13. Because I believe that the country was living under a fog-like coma during the Bush Jr. years, just like I said. There's no hidden meaning in there. Just my observation. Why don't you try to contribute something on topic instead of getting so bent out of shape over one sentence in one post that you have to call it out then defend yourself for it, and call it out again?

So let's try it again, folks. The topic is the legalization of mmj for the state of Delaware. :smoke:

14. Agreed. The fact our government has a patent on CBD already as medicine and then naming themselves as the sole providers of raw medicine is a total conflict. It's sad that dispensaries price at a level to avoid re-selling versus actual cost of production if they are, indeed, a non-profit organization. If a person could grow it them self, and save thousands of dollars per year in doing so, it's utter BS that the government would make themselves the benefactors of the exorbitant pricing. It's not unlike the big pharma practices at present.

Great to hear another state has been added, as it can only help. But Government needs to get out of peoples' wallets on this. These diseases are expensive to deal with already.