Delaware law passed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Gods Boner, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Any info on the Delaware medical law that was voted on today. I checked wboc and Delaware online, but nothing was up

2. Way to Go DE!!!!!!:hello::hello:
    Taking a step in the right direction....

3. not quite there yet

4. You can tell the new kids (well 43 is not a kid) on the Grasscity boards~ie me;)~cuz I get excited about news like this....

And an advanced member like you with over 4000 post is not so convinced....I am sure you have learned the tough way~I feel like people who have been fighting this fight for a while only see DE as a mini step and all the BS with the NCI this week has everyone inflamed and dos not help....but each step is a step.
    I hope these boards lead me to more hope and optimism instead of the fear, disappointment and anger I have now over legalization.

5. its not that im "not convinced" it just technically hasn't passed yet

6. Its passed but I think it has to go to the governor to sign. Am not sure if the governor will sign though.
    Its one of those deathbed MJ laws. You got to be really fucked up to get MJ with this law unlike Cali where a hangnail will get you a years supply and the doctors don't care as long as you pay the fee.

7. senate passed it 18-3. Goodjob delaware =)

8. Dr. Oz stated it best, the states are starting to see the revenue from marijuana, it's only time before all 50 states make it medically acceptable.
    Then it's only time before the supreme court drops it down to Schedule II nationwide making it legal to study.

9. I don't think the Supreme Court will do any such thing. They may have the FDA/DEA/Justice dept. look into it but they're not going to micro manage the drug laws of the US.
    Besides, they've already ruled on the legality of MMJ
    Gonzales vs Raich.
    Gonzales v. Raich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. if it passes, it should lead to other east coast states to consider medical marijuana. I really hope this happends. It's bullshit that good people are getting in trouble with pot. There needs to be justice. to have something that has proven medical benefits still be classified as a schedule 1 narcotic is bullshit. These pigs need to get over the fact that they won't be able to bust the good people anymore. I have lost all confidence in this piss poor law enforcement that the US has. Can't find out who assaulted my friend but they can arrest me for smoking.............

11. I really hope the east coast states start passing some decriminalization laws. Hopefully one day we will all live in a nation that accepts marijuana.

12. Since Kentucky has decriminalized cannabis, I have more hope that other Southern, and East coast states will do the same soon. I have a hunch it is all part of a state by state financial bailout deal though. Tbo, I don't give a shit, as long as the trend continues toward legalization that's all that should matter.

13. that link means nothing.

are you saying you don't think the supreme court will look further than they have into the reformation of MMJ laws? you think their participation in said reform has come and gone? I'd have to go ahead and say that that's highly improbable.. as more states push for medical legalization or decriminalization I feel like the supreme court will absolutely/eventually have to get active. they can't deny a growing and eventual majority population of supporters.

14. The Supreme Court has ruled on this. The feds have jurisdiction on this matter. You don't like their ruling? Too Bad so sad. :cry:
    The only way for things to change is for the feds to change their scheduling of MJ from 1 to some other number.

15. As a Delaware resident, I'm cautiously optimistic about medicinal marijuana being available in our state.

Since the state is so small and has such a small population, Delaware has always been a bit more 'liberal' than the states surrounding it on things that would entice people to live here (tax free shopping, lax business laws, allowing betting on football again, etc.). I know a good amount of smokers who live here, so depending on how available it would be, the state would see a healthy amount of income from the taxation of MJ.

All that said, I don't think that the more conservative sectors of Delaware will just allow this to cakewalk into existence. Until New Jersey gets their shit together and allows dispensaries, of course.

16. #17 Stillfluffy10, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    I too am a delaware resident all the way down south but there is hope.my dad its a very important person in the delaware community president of the fire company etc. he had battleD cancer non hodgkins lymphoma to be exact And is now in remission but can no longer feel his feet from the chemo.marijuana has been and will continue to be for him his wonder medication.nothing else helps him the drooler meds like oxy don't help but but they will dish out 120 80 mg little death pills to him but not weed. Point being my dad know legislators members of the house ext.he will be going the day the bill is voted on in house to tel his story in front of the whole house and try to get them all on our side. As for dispensaries thee will be 3 as the bill states only 1 in each county. This blows
    But my question to ask the experienced tokers is with this type of bill that states patients themselves cannot grow but says nothing about the care givers or who will supply the dispensaries so my question is who will be doin the growing

17. probably state employees, who probably get drug tested lol. They wont let you grow your own because they want the full business.

18. Hell yeah Delaware! Gotta love the 1st State :hello: