Dehydrator

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Miller Time, Jul 1, 2006.

1. I was wondering could i use a dehydrator to dry out my pot would it work quicker or better?

2. That's a good question!

Doesn't the photogenic process continue after the plant has been cropped?
    I know it's a temptation to quick dry, but as far as I was led to beleive, the plant continues to convert chlorophyl under the lights even when it's chopped down & hung upside down?

There is definately a taste difference between quick dried & properly cured green.
    Then there's the weight issue...........
    How many times have u bought properly dried bud? Usually it's squashy I bet?

Weighs half as much when it's dried properly. :wave:

3. I dry in a dark shed. Aren´t we supposed to dry in a cool dark place? To avoid drying too quickly. And drying is hardly a lengthy process, mine take 5 to 7 days.

4. Quicker yes, better no. If you dry out MJ too quickly it can turn to dust when you touch it, it won't cure well, etc.

If you are in a hurry to partake of your latest crop just clip a bud or two and dry that in an oven on very low heat and have that to smoke while your crop is drying properly.

5. The dehydrator works just fine for me. I dehydrate then seal-pack it w/ a paper towel in with. I use the seal-a-meal machine and then freeze them in 1oz packages. Never had a complaint about harshness or taste. I have kept shit frozen over a year like that with no ill effects to the product. I for one cant tell a difference. I used to dry it coventionally. But once I had almost 2 pounds mold up on me, I changed tactics. now I chop, dry, seal and freeze an entire crop in one day. Peace brotha', TBug:cool: