Dehumidifiers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hawaiian Polar Bear, Apr 23, 2020.

1. So I live in Hawaii and we have pretty decently high humidity year round. I suspect I’ll have to invest in a dehumidifier for my grow tent. Which is roughly 2x2x5. Should I get a full size dehumidifier and just leave it running outside the tent? Or do they make
    A compact version that can sit inside the tent? I need recommendations on both product and how I should utilize it in my tent.

2. A dehumidifier is probably unnecessary.
    The normal increase in temp due to lights will lower humidity significantly.
    An exhaust fan run at very high speed can get temp and humidity inside the tent close to what they are outside the tent.

3. You won't need a dehumidifier during veg. Vegging plants like humidity.
    The problem, if you will have one, will be during flower and lights out.
    In a space that small, a small dehumidifier should work well. You won't have much room anyways.
    I only have experience with room size units. On mine I can set the amount of humidity I want and it will turn on and off automatically to maintain the set humidity. Be aware, it will add heat to your grow space, so keep an eye on that.

4. My tent stays relatively cool. Got an oscillating fan. And yeah my girls love the high humidity right now but I’m thinking I may have problems towards the harvest if these buds pack in dense. I don’t think my LEDs put out enough heat to dry things out enough, but I really won’t know for sure until I get a little temp/ humidity gauge for it.