Dehumidifier with green light in dark mode? Auto plants, will it affect them

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SinsemillaPassion, May 29, 2021.

1. What's your thoughts? RH climbs to 70 plus at night in my small tent it's a real shame. My two plants in there are on day 61 and one is in full flower mode already but looking airy. RH been too high for too long, at least now I can adjust it but what's the green light going to do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not on an auto. Photo, yes. Put a piece of electrical tape over it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. It is said MJ plants do not adsorb the green light spectrum .
    Others say green light spectrum makes the plant healthy and fights of certain deceases.
    Me I have a set of green LED lights I turn on at night when I spray for insects and fungi ..
    I don't spray my plants when the grow lights are on ...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Exactly what i was going to say.

• Like Like x 3
  5. My humidifier has green leds, never been an issue. Are you fighting high temps? Is that why you have a night? I would skip the night otherwise. That will keep rh from spiking and give you better dli, and make less airy buds.
    Cheers
    Os

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Most lights to view plants during dark periods are green lights. Green lights do not affect plants. Nothing to worry about

7. Green light not affecting plants is an old myth. Plants do absorb green light and use it for photosynthesis.

For autos it doesnt really matter, and like @Organic sinse suggested, why do you even have a dark period? Just go 24h light with autos.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

8. Bro I've been 18/6 since day one, I'm not giving them 24 hrs total, that is stupid idea for me. I like giving them darkness they build up a caradirythem and DO SLEEP. I get quality results doing my way of growing. Now I've got a new smaller tent a 2x2 with two big autos in there so RH is an issue yes. I got a way too small of a tent, so q dehumidifier is essential right now.

I have grown autos back in the day and gave them light leaks lots. They then hermied on me. I've been there and done that.

So green light will affect my ganja, I will put tape over it as stated

9. I always give my autos 18/6. Some autos do better on 24 cycles but others are fine on 18/6 how they like them.

A fire hazard when lights on for months straight without a chance to cool down, it's a risk I ain't taking for some extra grams. I like to let my light rest and cool down for 6 hours too, it helps a lot, it reduces electricity consumption which is a big issue where I live, use too much, ya get fucked over.

Over using LED lights is the reason they over heat and blow bulbs, they need a break, my light is super high powered, loud as fuck and can't be on constant

Now in my little tent my light makes no noise at all but it gets very hot, another reason why it's good to let them cool down and preserve their lumens

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds alot like Texas "power to choose" bullshit.. I used to get fucked often when I didn't land in the "sweet spot" for monthly power consumption

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. I do a lot with LEDs besides gardening. Do you disassemble and clean your fans and heat sinks. Dust build up is the biggest cause of failure I see. In tent culture, where the humidity is high, dust from carbon filters and dust from low height located air intakes accumulates super fast on the heat sinks. If everything is clean and working right, the temps of the components should flat line in minutes, an hour at the most under extreme conditions.
    Just throwing that out there. It saves a lot of folks money by lengthening equipment life, and more importantly, not having a premature failure and loosing a crop.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Really ? I have a set of programmable LED grow lights I my lighting mimics the sunrises , sun sets , full moons lightening storm and lunar moons .. why am I not having hermaphrodite issues ?
    personally I don't trust feminized seeds , you hear in here over and over new growers having hermaphrodite issues .
    I also have had issues like with Hermaphrodites , but I developed regular female seeds and only clone .
    which you can't do with autos.
    Lets see how your people skills are now ,, because you got a ton of back peddling to do now ..
    Because your wrong .........
    Will a green light disturb flowering plants? | THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network
    The Effect of Green Light on Plants | Hunker
    How Does The Colour Spectrum Affect Growing Cannabis Plants? - Reefertilizer
    The reason things have color is that an object will absorb some wavelengths of light while reflecting others.

So for example, a green leaf will absorb all colors of light except for green. The green wavelength is reflected and we see that as color.
    Black and white are not considered colors, they refer to shade and brightness. Black objects absorb all of the visible light spectra while white objects reflect it. This is why dark objects get hot faster on a sunny day, they absorb more light energy and give it off as heat.

I hope you’re still following me here. Light and color are two really interesting science topics. I encourage you to learn more about them if sciency stuff is your thing. This is a fairly basic explanation, but understanding how light and color work will help you make more informed choices when it comes to growing lights.

No green light will not effect plants ... and Sc00byD00bie was straight up honest with you ..
    Bad choice, he is one the few who i would consider Knowledgeable on grow lighting .

Do you really think we are in the business of raising Hermaphrodites

Attached Files:

13. Green light does effect plants and drives photosynthesis. Only a part of the green color is reflected, the rest gets absorbed. Actually even part of the green that is reflected gets absorbed too as diffused light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. #14 2cent420, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Green (~520–560 nm) Light
    Green light is often considered unavailable for plant growth since plant photosynthetic pigments have limited absorbance for these wavelengths. However, there is evidence that green light is available for active plant growth, yet this phenomenon is wavelength- and intensity-dependent (Kim et al., 2004a; Kim et al., 2005; Johkan et al., 2012). Green light influences plant morphology, including leaf growth, stomatal conductance, and early stem elongation (Folta, 2004; Kim et al., 2004a,b). Kim et al. (2004) first examined the effect of green light on plant growth and photomorphogenesis, later concluding that it impacted plant growth at low light intensity (~150 μmol·m−2·sec−1) (Kim et al., 2005). A low percentage (≤ 24%) of green light enhanced plant growth, whereas plant growth was inhibited under a higher percentage of green light (Kim et al., 2004a, 2005; Folta and Maruhnich, 2007; Lee et al., 2011; Liu et al., 2017). Furthermore, green light exhibits better leaf tissue penetration ability (Brodersen and Vogelmann, 2010), resulting in better plant canopy penetration than either red or blue light (Klein, 1992). The issue with green light is that it exerts an antagonistic effect on other blue light-induced responses, including stomatal closure (Frechilla et al., 2000) or anthocyanin accumulation (Zhang and Folta, 2012). In cannabis plants, THC levels are negatively affected by the presence of green light (Mahlberg and Hemphill, 1983; Magagnini et al., 2018).

Green Light Drives Leaf Photosynthesis More Efficiently than Red Light in Strong White Light: Revisiting the Enigmatic Question of Why Leaves are Green
    Interesting read also about how grewn penrtrates deeper.
    Just absored we see the reflection of unused green light myth of nit being absorbed.

Scoobs right its used for sure.
    I had extensionlead in tent 1 side and that side hermied lol its definatly used and altwring light cycles cover any light.
    Evwn shade in the ducting can effect it even if u cant see it in the tent just dull glow on intake

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Due to Ruderalis, autoflowers have no light preclusions. With my old blurple lights, I ran them 24/7 and they loved it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Agrees bur then if u are a 20hr light guy 4hrs dark modes fked
    Darkmode ia beneficial they do need rest theres a post about it. The soil Nd fungi need a dark period too

17. With my Autocobs and quantum boards, I run a 20/4 light schedule. Haven't incurred any problems. Been doing it a long time.

18. I mean hav ing low lights on in the dark 4hrs. I fully support 20/4 but the 4hrs is not hapoening if interupted by other low light

19. https://www.amazon.com/SHINCO-Dehumidifier

I don't know about autos, grow them outdoors. my photos have that dehumidifier in there with them during flower the numbers and lights green. Never had an issue flowering or revegging

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1