Dehumidifier for 4x4 tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dtgrowz, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Anyone know what's a good size dehumidifier for a 4x4 preferably one that can get humidity to under 40?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. A dehumidifier inside of a tent would be pointless unless the room was sealed. It will take up space and won't do what you want it to. If you are constantly cycling air from outside of the tent you need to lower the rh outside the tent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Exactly.....I run one in the winter time in the room my tents are in....it provides enough heat so I don't have to turn the heat on in the room, and it keeps RH in the 40's....I agree that putting one inside the tent wouldn't do what you want it to do

• Like Like x 1
  4. And yes I have a 4x4 tent and don't plant to use one...

5. Kind of hi-jacking here, but in growing in a 4x4 in DWC do you guys think I'll have ENOUGH humidity in there, it's winter here and cold as fuck, but around 25c In the tent

6. If your humidity is too low just sit a bowl of water in the tent to raise it....or hang a damp towel in the tent....much easier to raise humidity than it is to lower it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Good info I had a small 500ml inside the tent it didn't do much.. It also barely took up any water.. what size dehumidifier would be efficient I guess is my biggest question

8. What kind do you use

9. You need to find one powerful enough to do the room your tent is in. How big of a room is the tent in?

10. Something like that perhaps.

11. 11.5x11.5 average size bedroom

12. Sorry haven't been on lately....I use a SoleusAir dehumidifier

13. Yeah seems legit I think I'm going to go with a 30-pint. What is the usual humidity in your region?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I live in a very humid area ....lately it's been in the 80's everyday.....especially at night time ..the 30 pint will work just fine for u

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah preciate it bro does yours have a feature that allows you to set what you would the rh to be?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yea it's got a digital display....I keep mine set at 45 percent and I empty the bucket every other day....maybe a bit more often, but not much....I love it, especially in the winter because I use it to heat my grow space ...in the summer I run my window unit AC as my dehumidifier

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1