DEFTONES

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by shadowprince101, Jun 2, 2016.

1. I didn't see any threads for em, and i'm on a real huge deftones kick lately, so i figured i'd just make a thread straight up for them lol. who else is a fan ??

2. Good band, enjoy some of their work, did you hear their new stuff? it is pretty good

3. One of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

4. #5 shadowprince101, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    I love gore. i linked " prayers/triangles " in the 2nd post . I don't think it's possible for them to make a bad album, honestly, lol .

5. I love them... not so much their old Nu-metal stuff, but Deftones (album) and beyond are great. One of the very few bands who just get better and better with time

6. I love every single album, even the Nu metal ones. But maybe i'm biased because I don't mind Nu metal apart from some particular groups, and Korn is another fave of mine , lol

7. Korn....met munky at an aa meeting awhile back, lol.

8. I only like their old stuff, prob cus I was in HS when it dropped. Adrenaline is still one of my fav albums.

9. #10 shadowprince101, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    See, I actually prefer their later stuff a tad more. I feel like they've really evolved since those days and have expanded their range music/genre wise. Like I said, though, I love pretty much every album by them , lol.

Seems legit, lmao

10. Amazing band. I've had gore on repeat in my car for like the last 3 weeks lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

11. I luv them lol and Change (in the house of flies) is one of my favorite songs ever!

• Like Like x 1
  12. So I had to bump this because I just saw them live Tuesday at the Sands Bethlehem Event Center and OMG THEY WERE FUCKING AMAZIIIING

• Like Like x 1
  13. my other half loves them- apparently Im a heathen because back to school was my favourite and I was disappointed by the less nu metal stuff. (im 29 I still hold a soft spot in my heart for the music of 2001-2005, which was largley nu metal and skate punk)

14. #15 shadowprince101, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    They were kinda forced to do "Back To School " by the record label because they needed a hit single or whatever. That being said , I love that song, lol. It's not their best, but it's a great song full of energy. Pink Maggit is ultimately the better version of that song , though.

15. Their lead singer makes a guest appearance on Lamb of God's new song "Embers"...such a pretty voice. Never listened to the deftones but that might change my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chino has made guest appearances in a lot of great songs with great bands.

His side projects are also pretty great.

17. Happy anniversary to their debut album , Adrenaline ! Love tracks like Bored, Minus Blindfold, Birthmark , Engine No.9 etc.

18. Who's planning on seeing this shit ?

[​IMG]

19. Deftones is one of my all time favorite bands and Saturday Night Wrist from 2006 is my favorite album by them.

• Like Like x 1