Defoliation help .... First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FutureWorld330, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Hey I’m planning on doing some defoliation on my plants ... I’m a first time grow and not sure how I should do it. Is it needed? How much should I be cutting and where to cut? All help is highly appreciated!!

Here’s some pics of my plants

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh, they're still wee. Don't worry too much about it.
    But generally, you start from the bottom and leave the top several nodes untouched. Remove anything that's yellowing or seriously damaged. When side branches grow out, you may want to prune the ones that are lower down, shaded out, or underdeveloped.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Like said above, I would think you are still fine. Let them go longer. If anything clear out the lower stuff that isn’t getting light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If your going to defoliate I would remove those huge ones in the middle that are blocking developing colas (growth tips moreorless)

• Like Like x 3
  5. During veg all you need to remove is the big fan leaves that are blocking good air flow. Right now I'd pluck the bottom ones so you can get better airflow over the soil and any inner ones that are bunching up. Once you get to flowering this is the guide I follow Nebula's Flowering Stage Defoliation Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Thanks for all the help , I’ll get rid of some leaves and let it grow

7. I wouldn’t really defoliate yet, but those large fans in the middle can go so lower nodes can get some vertical growth. Keep the sides tied down so apical dominance lets the center grow up. You can pluck a few fans that are blocking other lower growth as well, but that’s it really

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks... also watering with fabric pots how easy would it be to overwater them . Do fabric pots tend to make it harder to over water them

9. fabric pots are much better in that regard because even if you have watered too much the roots still get oxygen from the sides.

In terms of pruning, I take of leaves that are growing into the plant and everything that is not at least 50% of height. really up to you and how you want to use your space

• Like Like x 2

Attached Files:

11. Look up Kyle Kushman super cropping video on you tube. Explains a lot, its about a 30 minute video. :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You tube it and wait till flower

• Like Like x 1
  13. Here's some of Kushman in action. Did some chiropractic care and she's flourishing! 20191117_163133.jpg 20191117_180026.jpg 20191229_194206.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  14. So should I cut all the little greens at the very bottom.. I’ll post pics later on

15. If you can bend the taller branches down and keep them there, the lower stuff will grow up toward the light. Anything really low and small can be plucked off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  17. Should I bend them outside the pot

18. Yes widen your canopy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Will do

• Like Like x 1