Defoliation 4weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dharvey, Apr 7, 2017.

1. So I tried and heard about defoliation was wondering if I did it rite before and after pics keep in mind this is my first grow IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0784.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks better but try and give them the same shape as my plants in my pics in your other post

• Like Like x 1
  3. As long a more light is getting down into the plant to bud sites that were shaded before it will be good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Any big fan leaves on bottom third of plant can go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks man that means a lot to me on my first grow I was tryin just to get the hang of growing first but I read I can increase yield and I thought why not next go I will try and use yours as a guide again

6. If you're finding yourself having to remove a ton of fan leaves at any point in the Cannabis lifecycle you really need to look into better training techniques. Lopping off good, healthy fan leaves is removing big energy sources for the plant. It should be avoided at all costs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Even with LST you still get better results removing leaves in flowering stage. I have never ever damaged a plant by removing large fan leaves, as long as it was done correctly. Why should this be avoided at all cost?

Razorack

8. Because as long as fan leaves are still green they are still producing energy for the plant. There's just no reason to remove large amounts of fan leaves, ever. If you can avoid removing any, it is always a better bet.

LST is an easy training method but it's certainly not the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. All I can say is I have always seen improvement from defoliation.

Topping and LST is all I do as well. Don't feel supercropping and or high stress methods are always required.

Everyone has their own opinion on what works best for their strain and environment.

Razorack

10. Everyone can have an opinion, but there's just no scientific, objective reason to remove fan leaves unless absolutely necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I agree with you

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I remember this grow got qp dry I was happy as hell

• Like Like x 1