First of all, hello to everyone taking the time to read what is honestly my first "real" post here. I've been lurking here for some time, reading some great posts, and truly... spying on Rumpleforeskin, LumperDawgz, oldskoolgrower, and many others that I'm developing a lot of respect for. ;O) Here is some history-- Current Grow: ISBD Grow (Inky, Stinky, Blinky and Dot [The Runt]) [2nd Grow, 1st Time as Clones, 1st Time Full Organic] Nutes Used Throughout Grow: BioBizz(BB) Bio-Grow, BB Bio-Bloom, BB TopMax, ThriveAlive Green Feed Schedule: BioBizz Feed schedule for All-Mix modified to as 4/12 plan and tailored slightly to what/when I feel the plant needs more. Overall think that plant could be fed stronger. Always fed with a pH of 6.8, unfiltered hard water. Enviroment: 400W MH Veg, 400W HPS Flower, 75 Average [Day], 70 Average [Night], RH 69 Average, Top Fed Can Watering, Been battling fungus gnats [brought in with a bag of soil] consistently with BTi.s [Mosquito dunks in bubbled water], diatomaceious earth dustings, sticky cards, and a vacuum [most effective]. Soil: BioBizz Light-Mix [First Potting] BioBizz All-Mix [All Other Pottings] Plant Strain: Unknown [I/S or S/I ...but def. a hybrid] Introduced Name: Sagely Citrus - Smell: Sage, mango, sourish, citrus, spice-ish, pine-y, NOT at all classic skunky - Effects: More of a heady high than a body high, social, productive, creative, chatty, libido boosting, sinus/congestion reliever Current Week: Wk11 [Total - 4 Veg/7Flower] Plan to flower for 12 weeks like last time Plant Family Tree: Gracie [Current Mother - Cloned from Gertrude] Inky, Stinky, Blink & Dot [Cloned from Gertrude] Gertrude [Cloned from Lacie - currently flowering after 2+mo veg and topping] Lacie [Original Seed - 1st Grow] Experiments: - Observe flowering results of Gertrude [Mother plant that was vegged for 2-2.5 months & topped] - Observe flowering results of clone put directly into flowering - Grow new bag seed and test the bud to see it's overall characteristics [effects, taste, smell] - Pollinate new bag seed male [that was really skunky and fast growing] with a clone of current plant - Observe differences of those plants grown in 4.5 gal square plastic posts vs. those grown in 5 gal SmartPots - Observe results of new organic fertilizer - Observe effects of clearing bottom growth, really low bud sites, and some really low branches that were never going to get tall enough to reach light OK, I'm gonna toss something out here. Like I said, I'm experimenting a lot with this (my second time, first organic) grow, and decided to (upon really juicing up the amount I was feeding them for the last 5 weeks) defoliate a pretty good amount in attempts to see some better light penetration on what I was viewing as some lacking lower bud sites. The Problem I Saw: I saw a lot of good growth at the tops of my colas, but really slow lacking growth on my lower bud sites My Worry: Did I go overboard? I have to admit...I really kinda personally feel I went a little overboard and didn't stick to my "less is more" and "when in doubt, wait it out/leave it alone" philosophy. What I'm looking for out of this post: - Finding out what you think of what I did. Whether you think it was good or bad. Give me the truth, but be respectful. - Suggestions of other experiments - Suggestions of how to go about my grow better, and improve - Any other wisdom you may have What I'm NOT looking for out of this post: - An argument about defoliation (I'm neither for it or against it at this point). I just want to hear your thoughts...not argue. - Someone telling me that a before picture would have been helpful (I have realized my stupidity already...both in not taking a before picture and in the possibility that I went overboard) - Someone pointing out how anal retentive I am and already know I am (as observed by this post) Heh. On to the pictures!