Definition of Atheism and Theism

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Ninja20p, May 3, 2011.

1. or maybe nature is the true god of all things.

2. O I C You're talking about God, not in the dictionary definition, but as the existence of all. The mechanism from which all things happen, including consciousness. If this mechanism (God) didn't exist, then nothing would exist.
    I hope I understood it correctly because I kinda like this definition of God. One question though, does this mechanism (God) have conscious thought?

3. Sure...:smoke:

4. Well, God is essentially consciousness. If you get in touch with your own consciousness, by losing attachment to THINGS and THOUGHTS, then essentially you are realizing your own true nature, your true nature being God, which is essentially consciousness.

Your thoughts are the thoughts of God. Your consciousness is God's consciousness.

5. #265 WhosGotTheHerb, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    Yes, if you could imagine energy as god, ok? There is potential energy, and once its used for movement, it becomes kinetic. With me so far?

Now remember, energy is contained in every atom of the universe (whether potential or kinetic). Now, in order to survive, you must use kinetic energy for the random tasks your body needs to live. This energy IS your consciousness.

Now,lets think back to creation of the universe. I have to believe either it was all potential energy, waiting to become kinetic energy by force. OR, that gravity (attraction/ultimate source possibly) caused the necessities to creat energy (which is heat and force ;) ironic? In my eyes, yes) Whether this ultimate source is actually living, besides consciousness as energy, I'm not sure yet.. The fact that the universe is always expanding, leaves me to believe the source IS still supplying its force constantly. Interesting... Remember, this is only what I believe however.

6. Well the most accepted explanation for the accelerated expansion of the universe comes from a negative pressure called dark energy, currently the most pervasive form of energy in the universe.

7. #267 WhosGotTheHerb, May 10, 2011
    So what if I were to say this dark energy collided with light energy (possibly caused by gravity) to cause this expansion. Would it make sense then where heaven (light energy) and hell (dark energy) comes from? (not necessarily talking in after life terms, although I may believe this eventually) Regardless, we would have to accept that SOMEthing caused it, and is causing the expansion (whether living or not). It just makes me question WHY there is there an ending to the universe, as we no it, at all.. Do you understand what I'm saying? What creates this boundary the universe is encapsulated in?

8. #268 WhosGotTheHerb, May 10, 2011
    Well I just read some on dark energy, and it caused me to ask myself a few questions that maybe you could answer fugit.

1. They say this dark energy is smaller than other types of known energy. Now considering the negative pressure aspect, I assume it stays far away from gravity. Do you think this means this kinetic energy we use (as do other gravitational planets) goes under its own evolution process, causing itself to grow? Maybe not..

2. Now, going against my first question, do you think this negative pressure could be the cause of gravity? The only problem I see with this theory is that some planets have more or less gravity... But maybe theres an explanation that has to do with the amount of positive pressure energy on said planet?

3. Reading into this just REALLY makes me wonder where the source of all this energy is coming from.. It's as if the "creator" (living or not) has a grand plan that is never ending and constantly evolving. It's like TheJourney said the other day, god is one horny bastard! LOL.

4. It's just odd to me this dark energy is what fills emptiness in space. Makes me question if earth, and other planets, attract all the positive (kinetic) energy.

Maybe I should post over in the science forum.. lol. This has peeked my interest though. Thanks for posting fugit.