Defining my identity as a pot-smoker

Discussion in 'General' started by cornet, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Alright so I'm a noobie, have smoked a handful of times with other friend's stuff, but just got my own piece/lighter/etc and now will have the freedom to smoke on my own.

I am keenly aware of the negatives of pot if used too frequently (for me), those being laziness and getting off track from my ambitious goals of being a great musician (practice practice!)

However I've spent like 10 this weekend reading about everything there is to know about pot, it just fascinates me now, and I'm sure this is because of some sort of pride in being deviant (you guys can't really say you're all above it!). I am thinking about how not to go overboard with smoking--smoking responsibly that is.

I think I'm going to, as tempting as it can be, not tell anyone except those I smoke with anything about me knowing anything about the counter culture. It only feeds the sort of superiority that many of us feel in being a smoker. The thing I'm having trouble deciding is how often is too often for someone who wants to get a lot of work done (which probably requires sobriety)? The last thing I want is to get off-track and lose my ambition.

2. LOL not even one person has viewed this topic! I guess the title is pretty lame....

3. There are many successful stoners out there. Numerous US presidents have admitted to it for one.

Just do whatever works for you; I tend to try and get my work done and then wind down with a smoke. Keeping a balance is key for me, it might not be physically addictive or particularly harmful health wise, but personally I'd rather keep it as more of a reward than a regular activity. Sometimes it'll still be every day though.

4. Man if you're a musician combining music with weed is not exactly gonna be a problem. I mean look at all the 60's and 70's stalwarts of music and most of them were baked all day:laughing: I play guitar, violin and recorder and jamming out whilst high is the greatest shit ever.

You just have to remember to concentrate:p

5. haha this..
    I got a lot of musically inclined friends and if anything they ussually like to smoke heavily while jamming.. like i swear some these guys i know are like musical masterminds when their high.. so to the OP i dont think you gotta worry about weed affecting your music dreams.