Deficiency or toxicity??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gre123123, May 26, 2017.

1. Hi GC
    So I did my first mass defoliation last night. Excited to see the results, but that's in my journal. This topic is because I have yellowing and burned edges on some lower leaves, only lower. I took some photos and inserted them. From growweedeasy.com I always use their diagnosis/symptom checker. This looks to me maybe a Phosphorous [​IMG][​IMG]deficiency, or sulphur deficiency.

If it's nute burn, I will want to do my next watering plain. If it's deficiency I need my next watering to have extra nutrients. So I'm stuck. But I know from past that if I'm unsure then it's safer to feed pure water because deficiency is less harmful than toxicity. True?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Homesteader, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Your plants look good I would keep on keepin on. How are you addressing Calcium and Magnesium goin forward? What do you grow in? soil?

3. Your plants are fine and you
    Should just keep doing what you're doing. You're overthinking imo & will only cause an actual issue trying to fix a nonexistent "problem".

J

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rookies always get excited about a few leaves changing color. Especially if you grow in hydro you have ph fluctuations to battle and water levels. By the time a plant is halfway in bud I'd be surprised if you didn't have some color to it. Leaves die off. The plant almost does a bit of auto defoliation through the bud cycle. I always have dried dead leaves falling off here and there even on my most healthy plants that produce and feed the most.

5. Need more info. What part of the cycle are your plants in? When they go in to flower they do start to suck up phosphorus. I've personally had phosphorus deficiency. Cannabis is a phosphorus hog in flower. It will typically feed double the amount of phosphorus compared to nitrogen and even triple in late flower. You can't skimp on it and it's a typical problem because compared to other plants cannabis does take massive amounts of phosphorus.

6. Easier to fix. If toxicity is from salt buildup in the soil then it's not so easy.

This is why you need to dispose of runoff when getting used to bottled nutes. It helps flush excess salts and maintains balance.

Should go without saying, but it happens a lot.

7. One of the cool things about hydro is you can fix the medium in minutes. Change the water, done.