deficiency? Or too much water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Oahu420, May 20, 2019.

1. Crunch berry seed vegging for 5 weeks
    Temp in tent lights on 82 leaf temp 80
    Lights out 75-76
    R.H. 55-65

Coco and perlite 50/50 blend
    Nutes are 1/2 tsp soul grow 1/2 soul infinity and 1/2 cal mag
    650-700 ppm
    5.8-6.0 ph

Switched over from soil to coco for this grow and future grows. But I’m not sure if I’m giving to much water as ppl say I need runoff with coco. Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

2. my guess too much water, haven't used coco yet so could be something else

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Damn near impossible to overwater in coco. As long as you have enough perlite. I feed twice daily in coco.... did you buffer your coco with a calmag solution before starting?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’ve been waiting till the top inch feels dry as I would in soil. 3-4 days. #2 pots 1/2g water. Maybe needs more? No I didn’t should I do that when I switch into flower pots?

5. congrats on making the switch.

you're on the wrong track with the way you're thinking of coco. Coco is to be imagined indoors best utilized as a hydroponic like medium. think of it at a dark brown rockwool cube almost. you're trying to keep the coco medium constantly wet with fresh nutrients and having the runoff / waste drained in some fashion to prevent salt accumulation in the medium. I wouldn't ever flower more than 3 gallons of coco period. In grows with larger # of plants per light I'd use 1-2 gallons and get great results. you should water at least once a day if not more if you can do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. try upping your calmag, lowering ppm of your "grow" and see if you notice improvement.

soul infinity is nice. add some microbes with it and they will feed off it, giving you nicer roots.

how is your lighting? not sure if too close. sometimes that's the issue.

7. if you fix this and nothing improved and you get ugly slow growth / leaf curling, let me know if that's the case.

8. looking at it......... i was going to say lighting quality or lack of they look bored. there like gold diggers that take a mc donalds worker out never get bought a thing . i know gold diggers i have 2 of these worthless girls living with me . what lighting do you have ? color temp? looking at it looks like your using something in the red spectrum but what do i know lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Feed daily, dont wait for top inch to be dry... you can add calmag to your nutrient solution if you didnt buffer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for all the info. I will try to up the cal mag and feed more often. Also I use tap water for watering comes out tap at 7.2 240 ppm.

11. I’m using 2 300 watt vivosuns for my veg at the recommended hanging height of 24” above canopy. Should I play with it say up or down a little? Thank you

12. So I always want the coco wet? With runoff every watering.? I’ll try it out. Was just scared to overwater. Iol

13. You won’t overwater coco. You’ll underwater before you overwater

Also, PH going in needs to be around 5.8-6.2. Tops.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I
    I’ve been phing water to 5.8.6.0 they still look droopy so maybe it is underwatering. But after I water they don’t perk back up.
    Is my tap water ok to use at 240 ppm? Or should I invest in a ro machine? Thank you

15. i am suggesting 12 inches . also i am not sure if your led has a switch for only veg if so make sure all leds are being used. so put it 12 inches check them in a few hours you may notice them starting to stop looking so droopy .

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’ll move the lights down when they come on again. They don’t have the switch so they are running full power. They have 5watt chips in them. They recommend 18” for flower so I hope the 12” won’t burn them haha. But I’m willing to try. I’m not using this light to flower. My flower tent has dorm grow bloom only g8 leds 240s. I’ll try dropping them and check them after a few hours

17. In hps i starve mine and feed 3l every second day 300mm pots. (I use to feed daily, but growth in veg seems to achieve more this way), coco 3 years atm.......

But you can definetely overwater, specially if hes using florescent or LED.

Below picture is me trying a 3rd watering for day... allowing runoff. (When i first started playing with coco few years ago, working it out...)[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930S using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. N
    I am using led atm. Those pics were like an hr after I watered her. She was dropping like this before after and still is drooping. The leaves darkened up slightly no tip burn or anything just droopy .

19. You certainly can if you water in a dish. The plant sucks the water backup.

Or you don’t have enough perlite. I run my coco 50/50 coco to perlite and feed twice daily from week 3 on and sometimes feed 3 times daily. Not a once have I had any issues with overwatering and I grow under quantum board LEDS as well. Sounds like your drainage and aeration weren’t great.

I don’t treat my coco as soil I run it as a hydroponic medium.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. You don’t have enough perlite in your medium if you’re overwatering. Go to every other day.

• Like Like x 1