Deficiency, nute burn or lockout? Plz help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Earlybloom, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Hello all

Im 4 weeks into my grow and have noticed over time my plants are looking a lil sad on a few different leaves....

I cant tell wat the problem is but it seems to be getting worse

Since noticing ive reduced my nutrients to
    3ml cal mag
    3ml micro
    3ml gro
    2ml bloom
    Per 8L of water
    420-440ppm
    From
    5ml cal mag
    5ml micro
    5ml gro
    3ml bloom
    Per 8L of water
    670-690ppm

Ph always kept at 5.9-6.1
    Tap water is 120ppm

Next i thought i had cal mag deficiency and upped my cal mag to 8ml per 8L which has raised my ppm to 700+
    During this time i flushed my coco with some plain water eliminating lockout hopefully.
    im growing in coco/perlite using flora series trio + gh cal mag
    This is my first indoor grow and would love some advice..... i have attached a few photos

Attached Files:

2. When the tips start browning like that...95% of the time its nute burn.....just my .02

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lay off the nutes...
    Feed plain water next few feeds
    Then resume!
    Less is more mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Does that apply for coco aswell?
    I have had people tell me to water coco with only nutes or ill get issues? Is this even true lol

5. @Soil2Coco ...........hey brother..............can you help our friend out here? Thanks!!:passing-joint:

Maybe @Spanish@rcher as well???? I can't remember your medium...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I used to feed twice a day in coco i know growers on here who feed 3-4 times a day in coco and yes you should always use nutrients when feeding coco it contains no nutrients so if you feed it water the plant will show deficiency quickly they literally will starve.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Can u look at the photos above and let me know what u think?

Im down to about 380ppm
    2ml cal mag
    2ml micro
    2ml gro
    2ml bloom per 8l of water
    This should be okay u think?

8. what brands are your nutrients ??
    i would flush your medium to around 20% run off then feed a light nutrient solution for a few days and go from there.

9. Im using gh flora series trio + gh cal mag
    What would u consider a low feed to be?
    I thought i was taking it easy then i get this
    I dont understand how my outside plants can grow so easily with a 3 part seasol fertilizer not ph'd ever and watered once a day in a way compared to my indoor plants its like im neglecting them and there growing better..... nothing makes sense and everyone has different opinions about the same thing i honestly am stuck

10. good old dirt buffers ph and coco cant and soil often contains enough nutrients to grow coco doesnt.
    i would consider a light nutrient mix to be a quarter of what your bottles say to use i cant really comment on your nutrients i have never used them before

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Use this feeding chart. I was over feeding until I found this gem. DA0E93A1-B9A8-4B7E-9705-AE198CFA59FB.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Thats the funny thing im using coco outside aswell lol

13. i strongly recommend to start ph your feed if your growing in coco you are asking for problems if not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I was using less then this recommends and
    My inside plants ph'd (having problems) outside plants not ph'd no problems
    At this point im gonna continue doing what im doing.... i really need someone's advice that has used gh flora series trio on indoor coco/perlite with hand fertigation.
    Ill take ur advice and definitely drop my nutes to ppm 400

• Like Like x 1
  15. Quick question(s) are feeding/watering daily? Is it until run off? And do your plants sit in the run off?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Coco, you need to feed multiple time a day mate
    Very different to soil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Feeding everyday untill run off, run off which is down the drain...then residual run off soaked up with a sponge/cloth

18. Sounds all good. I think you just over fed man. Really not that big of a deal honestly. You over fed and dropped your nute down in ppm/dosage. If New growth comes in fine, you’re good. Watch new growth and that’ll be a obvious tell tell sign you fixed the issue. Affected leaves aren’t going to become not burned.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Agreed........:passtheshit:

20. Ill drop it down to 300ppm and see how i go
    Thanks all for taking the time to read and comment

• Like Like x 1